The Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy has said that the Government endeavours to ensure that skilling needs of differently abled persons are taken care of through various skill development programmes. In order to provide employable skills to Persons with Disabilities (PwDs), the following measures have been taken:-
- Vocational Training Centres (VTCs) run by various training organisations under the scheme of Deen Dayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme (DDRS).
- Skill Training programme is being conducted by National Handicapped Finance Development Corporation (NHFDC), a Public Sector Undertaking and seven National Institutes under the administrative control of Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
iii. 21 Vocational Rehabilitation Centres (VRCs) under the administrative control of Ministry of Labour and Employment located at various parts of the country.
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship(MSDE) and Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities have entered into a partnership by signing an MoU for skilling in PwD sector.
- The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana targets to train 50,000 Persons with Disabilities.
- A Sector Skill Council for Persons with Disabilities has been set up to develop standards for job roles for Persons with Disabilities and their training, assessment and certification. The Council has identified 6 Qualification Packs based on the suitability of 19 disabilities.
In a written reply in the Lok Sabha the Minister said, in order to create employment opportunities for Persons with Disabilities through self-employment, financial assistance is provided to them through National Handicapped Finance Development Corporation (NHFDC). The number of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) availing such assistance during the last three years which is on an increasing trend is given below:-
|No. of PwDs||13296||13312||14703|