Go to ...

Skill Reporter

Informational updates on skill development, technical vocational education and training

Skill Reporter on Google+Skill Reporter on YouTubeSkill Reporter on LinkedInSkill Reporter on PinterestRSS Feed

March 21, 2018

Consumer electronics industry body, CEAMA ties up with Frost & Sullivan for skill training

New Delhi : Eyeing for a skilled workforce in emerging economic environment to reinforce government’s vision of Skill India, Consumer electronics industry body CEAMA today said it has partnered with the leading corporate training provider Frost & Sullivan to work on the wide gap between required and available workforce in industries, anticipating growth of Appliances and Consumer Electronics (ACE) at 9.5 per cent 2021. Speaking at the 37th Annual Function, CEAMA president Manish Sharma said, “Amidst an anticipated CAGR of 10.1 per cent, Frost & Sullivan findings state that the industry growth shall necessitate investment in workforce employed in Installation, Service and Repair segments. Currently, the industry employs a workforce of 1.52 lakh people of which 44 per cent are skilled while unskilled segment account for the remaining 56 per cent.” “Due to a gap in demand and supply in the availability of the engineers, technical incompetency of the beginner level engineers, lack of soft-skills , high attrition rate and rise of new technologies, the industry will witness an avoidable, opportunity loss. This can be turned into an advantage, if Small Medium Enterprises can employ progressive techniques of training in association with government initiatives,” added Mr Sharma.

Note: News shared for public awareness with reference from the information provided at online news portals.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

More Stories From Skill Development