Go to ...

Skill Reporter

Informational updates on skill development, technical vocational education and training

Skill Reporter on Google+Skill Reporter on YouTubeSkill Reporter on LinkedInSkill Reporter on PinterestRSS Feed

March 18, 2018

Uttrakhand to have dedicated university to boost skill development in hospitality sector

Dehradun : Union Minister of State for Power (Independent Charge) Piyush Goel said the Centre and state had decided to set up a hospitality university in Uttarakhand taking into account the contribution of Uttarakhandi people in hospitality sector in the country and abroad.

Addressing a press conference at Dehradun shortly after his meeting with Chief Minister Trivendra Rawat, the Central minister said while 75 percent of the total cost towards setting up of this university would be borne by Centre government’s various public sector undertakings, including Tehri Hydro Power Development Corporation (THDC), the rest of the 25 percent would be contributed by the state government.

He said the university would greatly help the youth of Uttarakhand in the skill development. “People of Uttarkhand are already successful hoteliers and are courteous by nature. A hospitality university will greatly help them in exploring the hospitality sector in a much better way,” he added.

Piyush Goel said the height of Tehri dam had been limited to 825 meter taking into account the concerns of the local people. He said further the proposed Dobra Chanti bridge in the Pratapnagar region of Tehri would be constructed afresh with both THDC and the state government to equally share the construction costs.

His ministry plans to promote rooftop solar project in the state in a big way, he said. “There are a total of 1,25,000 families in Uttarakhand that are still to get electricity and this is due to the fact that these families live in areas which are difficult to connect with the main grid. For them solar and wind energy can be put to use to get them power,” he pointed out. He apprised the government was also undertaking underground cabling works as part of the Integrated Power Development Scheme, which he said would help promote tourism in the state.

Note: News shared for public awareness with reference from the information provided at online news portals.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

More Stories From Other Ministries