Punjab Skill Development Mission (PSDM) (www.psdm.gov.in) is the nodal agency in the state of Punjab to ensure organization of skill training programs for the rural and urban youth through nationally accredited training partners. It integrates the efforts of various departments and public and private stakeholders engaged in skilling the youth of the state, through numerous skill development schemes such as DDU-GKY, NULM, BOCW, PMKVY-II, etc. and brings necessary scale, synergy, oversight and effective coordination in
Rationale for the study
In order to guide the implementation activities under Punjab Skill development Mission (PSDM) there is need to ascertain the demand and supply gap in skilling space across various districts of Punjab. There is also a need to foresee the projected Job requirements/ sectoral demand both in manufacturing and service sector in the next five years, in the state of Punjab.
In view of this Punjab Skill development Mission invites detailed proposal from eligible entities to undertake the study titled “SKILL GAP ANALYSIS”. It is recognized that the skill gap is the interplay of industry demand, supply through public, private & non-formal/informal channels, labour force participation, aspiration and employability of both new entrant and existing workforce. Therefore, the proposed skill gap study would conduct in-depth research, analysis & inquiry into above mentioned areas.
The study would also come-out with recommendations which have to be specific and actionable. PSDM is considering conducting of
skill gap analysis in selective districts of Punjab namely Amritsar, Patiala, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Fazilka, Bathinda and Mohali (SAS Nagar) in the first phase.
Bidders who are interested in undertaking the assignments may submit their proposal for one or more than one district.
General Eligibility :
1) The agency should be a legal Indian Entity (Individual Proprietorship, Partnership, Company, Society, and Trust) incorporated/ registered/ recognized, as the case may be under the respective applicable laws eligible to enter into an agreement/contract with the Punjab Skill Development Mission to undertake the work.
2) The agency must be having previous experience of Academic/Social/Statistical Research/ Study/Analysis Work.
3) The agency should not be blacklisted by any of the Central/State government departments/PSUs
4) The agency should have adequate professional employees and preferably an experience of working with Government/social sector projects to execute the study.
5) The agency / bidder may apply for carrying out skill gap analysis for one or more than one districts however an EMD amount of Rs. 50,000/- shall be submitted in the form of a Crossed Bank Draft in favor of ‘PSDM, Member secretary, Chandigarh (payable at Chandigarh) for each bid which is refundable if not selected and if selected, will be considered as performance guarantee. Whereas Govt agencies will be exempted from EMD.
6) An agency may bid for one or more districts however the allocation to an agency will not be for more than two districts. After completion of work allocated, if work is found to be good quality, PSDM reserves the right to allot one or more districts at the same discounted rate in next study if any.
7) Hand delivered application forms will not be accepted in any case.
8) Application and the supporting documents should be a complete document and must be page numbered and each page duly be signed by authorized representative.
9) An affidavit-cum-declaration needs to be provided to the effect that the entire information submitted is correct.
10) A covering letter must be attached with the proposal
11) The offers found suitable technically and shortlisted based on the conditions will be considered for opening of Financial Bid and same shall be intimated to them in writing/telephonically. The decision of short listing of Technical Bid by PSDM, Chandigarh will be final and binding on all.
Last Date of Submission : 13 September 2017, 1500 hours (03:00 PM)
Note: Proposals received after the due date and time will not be accepted.
For more details about proposal, view RFP Document by visiting mission’s website or Click Here