New Delhi : A meeting was held under the Chairmanship of Secretary (MSDE) at MSDE, Shivaji Stadium Annexe, New Delhi -110001 on 18th August, 2017 at 4:00 pm to review the progress on the recent decision taken in the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), 2016-20 w.r.t. target allocation. The list of participants is given at Annexure. Representatives from NSDC, few owners of the franchisee centers under PMKVY 2016-20 whose centers have been accredited and affiliated but targets have not been allocated attended the meeting.
After detailed deliberations, the following action points were agreed upon.
1. It was agreed that allocations of targets to 1700 franchise centers (which have been accredited and affiliated has not been done under PMKVY) would be given latest by Tuesday i.e. 22nd August 2017. The centers are expected to initiate training about one week of receiving of targets.
2. NSDC agreed to complete requisite modifications / development in the software for conversion of existing franchisee centers to new TPs at the earliest and make it operational by 5th September, 2017. It was also informed that once the software modifications / development is completed, conversion of franchisee centers to the new TPs will be done on the basis of application received from these centers. NSDC informed that previously many franchisee centers were not legal entities and it will take some time for these new TPs to get themselves a legal identity status which may delay the process in some cases.
3. NSDC agreed that by next week i.e. 24th August 2017 physical inspections by the two new inspection agencies QACA and iMACS will start in full swing. Inspection of all existing franchisee TPs which apply for being TP owned TC will be completed in 4 weeks i.e. by end of September, 2017.
4. It was also decided that as and when the inspections are completed and the center found in compliance to the norms laid down under PMKVY guidelines, the first tranche of advanced and subsequent payments will be released. It was emphasizes that NSDC will ensure that system should be ready to issue 30% advance to the qualified partners by the end of September, 2017. NSDC will share the final timelines for all the processes with MSDE by Monday i.e. 21st August 2017.
5. With reference to the point no.4 above, “The additional requirement of Bank Guarantee for payment of Advance, which requires huge logistics is to be done away with as advance is paid after commencement of training. NSDC to submit a proposal on the same by 8th August 2017 for approval of the Hon’ble Minister”. In this regard, it was decided that formal communication from Ministry to NSDC will be sent shortly.
6. Secretary (SDE) reiterated the need for transparency in the whole process of target allocation and directed NSDC to share all decisions as well as guidelines prominently on NSDC website. Training partners were also requested to go through the communications posted on the website from time to time.
Annexure – List of Participants
1. Dr. K P Krishnan, Secretary, MSDE
2. Smt. Deepti Srivastava, Director, MSDE
3. Shri Jayant Krishna, ED & coo, NSDC
4. Shri Vishal Sharma, CPO, GGM, NSDC
5. Shri Sanjeev Kumar, Deputy Director, MSDE
6. Lt. Col Ajay Kumar Jindal, NSDC
7. Shri Sobins Kuriakose, NSDC
8. Shri Kamal Chhabra, NSDC
9. Captain Uday Prasad, NSDC
10. Shri Rupjyoti Mahanta, MSDE
Representatives from franchisee centers:
1. Shri Hardev Singh Arora, Yours Herbal Parlour
2. Smt. Priya Agarwal, Muskan Career Training Center
3. Shri Rakesh Kumar, AITMC Goriwale
4. Shri Rinku Sindhu, Skill Development and Training Foundation
5. Shri Sudhir Sharma, Academy of Computer & Skill Education
Note : Above information is based on Office Memorandum F.No.B-12011/01/2016-SDE dated : 22nd August 2017 issued by SNP Division / Wing II, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India. To view original copy of memo, Click Here