The National Entrepreneurship Awards have been instituted by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) to encourage a culture of entrepreneurship across the country. These premier awards seek to recognize and honour entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship ecosystem builders for their outstanding efforts. Ministry of Skills calls for applications for the National Entrepreneurship Awards 2017 for which the winners will be announced on 20 October 2017. The ceremony will take place on 09 November 2017.
Objective of the Awards: The National Entrepreneurship Awards seek to recognize the efforts and achievements of exceptional entrepreneurs and those individuals and organisations who are working in the field of entrepreneurship development. The Awards also seek to highlight models of excellence for others to emulate and improve upon.
- Entrepreneurs who registered their enterprise (Founder/co-founder of a Company or a Limited Liability Partnership firm as per the Indian Acts) should be below the age of 30 years as on 1st January of year of application. 5 years age relaxation will be given to candidates from SC, ST and Persons with Disability (PwD).
- The enterprise must have been registered at least 3 years before the date of first advertisement of the current call.
- The candidate should be a First Generation Entrepreneur. The definition of a first generation entrepreneur for the scheme is “An entrepreneur who is not in the same line of business as his/her parent. They should have started the enterprise on their own initiative, idea or innovation”.
- In case of enterprises with more than one co-founders, at least one of the co-founders must adhere to the above-mentioned three criteria.
- Initial paid-up capital of the enterprise should not exceed INR 1 cr.
- In case of social enterprises, dependence on grant or subsidy should not be more than 25% of the working capital requirement in the year 2016-17.
- The enterprise must have mandatory industry certifications (example: FDA, CE, FSSAI, MSMEetc).
Last Date to register: 15 September 2017
How to apply: Registration to Entrepreneurship Awards 2017
Key Rules for the National Entrepreneurship Awards 2017
- Each individual can apply in maximum two ‘applicant categories’and in one ‘award category’ (kindly refer the FAQs section for the difference between the two). However, the award will only be presented in one category, where the candidate has performed the best.
- Only the complete applications that are submitted by the midnight on 15.9.2017 and meet all the eligibility requirements will be considered for National Entrepreneurship Awards. Any late applications will not be considered.
- The decisions of the Jury and the implementation committee will be final and binding.
- Up to two representatives from winner organization will be paid travel and boarding expenses in order to attend the award ceremony. Travel expenses usually include: (1) roundtrip plane (economy), train or bus fare (as determined by Government of India) for the representatives to travel from the major airport/train/bus station closest to the individual’s residence to the event venue; (2) double occupancy hotel accommodation for two nights; and (3) meals. Winners are responsible for all other incidental and personal expenses.
- Finalists maybe subject to a legal due diligence review by our Implementing Partners. If the organization refuses to such a request, Government of India holds the right to select the Judges’ next highest score outcome to receive the benefits and/or Award.
- By participating in the National Entrepreneurship Awards Scheme, the enterprise agrees to Government of India’s and its partners’ use of its name, URL, photos and videos for promotional purposes on its website and in other promotional material.
- Any false information provided within the context of National Entrepreneurship Awards Scheme by any enterprise concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right, or noncompliance with these terms and conditions or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the enterprise from the Awards process.
- Government of India reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the National Entrepreneurship Awards Scheme. Government of India further reserves the right to disqualify any enterprise that tampers with the submission process, commits fraud or is in violation of criminal and/or civil laws.
- All the applications can only be madedigitally through the official portal of the National Entrepreneurship Awards. Application will be accepted only in English language.
- Applications for Social Enterprises, Women Entrepreneurs, Entrepreneurs from SC/ST community, Entrepreneurs from Persons with Disability (PwD) community, Barefoot Enterprises and Entrepreneurs from difficult areas (North east/ J&K/ islands/ backward area/ rural enterprises) to be sought separately and should not be taken from the pool of applications shortlisted for the goods and service award category.
- All the Partner Institutes will be eligible to apply for the award except the Lead Institute. However, the decision of the National Jury will be final.
- By submitting an application to National Entrepreneurship Awards Scheme, the enterprise provides its full consent and acceptance of the above terms and conditions. The winner would be allowed the following facilities for attending the National Entrepreneurship Awards ceremony:
- Air Fare (Economy) or expenditure incurred on actual mode of travel both ways, whichever is less, for two representatives.
- Double occupancy lodging facilities for two nights, for two representatives.
For complete details, FAQs and Guidelines etc, Click Here
Note: The information shared above has been taken from neas.gov.in for public awareness.