Plan India is an Indian NGO and part of Plan International, one of the world’s largest community development organizations. Plan India is working to improve the lives of disadvantaged children, their families and communities through an approach which puts children at the center of community development. For over 30 years, Plan and its partners have worked with communities throughout India to break the cycle of poverty by helping children access their rights to protection, basic education, proper healthcare, a healthy environment, livelihood opportunities and participation in decisions which affect their lives. Plan India currently works in 11 states in India and has touched the lives of over a million children
Saksham is a youth employment initiative of Plan India. It provides Job Oriented Vocational Training (JOVT) and Vocational Training for Enterprise Promotion (VTEP) to youth in the age-group of 18-29 years living in disadvantaged urban and rural communities. Youth will be provided training through a market driven systematic approach. Plan India wishes to empanel and engage credible Agencies and NGOs to impart these trainings.
The program is expected to be implemented by suitable and qualified Agencies/NGOs that will have in place the requisite infrastructure and a competent team, consisting of youth mobilizers, trainers, and capacity building specialists. The project is to be implemented under the guidance of Plan India and with a high degree of accountability and management of all the necessary documentation for any obligation arising in future.
Plan India’s goal is to develop a strong base of dynamic and professional Agencies/NGOs that can effectively manage and implement the said project. Saksham will focus its skill building program in the National Capital Region of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Mumbai, Pune and Hyderabad.
Eligibility Criteria: Applications are invited from organisations (both “for profit” and NGOs) meeting the following eligibility criteria
- An organization having a valid and verifiable legal entity in India; registered as a for profit company or as a non-profit organization as per law.
- The organization must have been in existence for at least three years as on 31st March 2017 and have a minimum turnover of Rs. 1 Crore for the last financial year.
- The organization must primarily be working to impart Job Oriented Vocational Training (JOVT) or Vocational Training Entrepreneurship Promotion (VTEP) for self- employment for at least past three years as on 31st March 2017.
- The organization must be operating in one or more of the six intervention urban locations – National Capital Region of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Mumbai, Pune.
- The organization engaged in JOVT must be accredited and affiliated with the government (NSDC, Skill mission, PMKVY etc.), national/ international organisations of repute for certification and compliance processes and purposes.
Along the application form the organisation will be required to upload a set of documents mentioned in the application form.
Last date for submission of applications: 15 November 2017
Application Process: Online applications are invited from agencies and NGOs interested in applying. Please click the following site to go the online application form: saksham.solutioglobal.org
- All online applications received will be screened for completeness of information, including whether all required documents have been uploaded. Incomplete applications will not be considered for further processing.
- Organisations which meet the eligibility criteria will be reviewed based on a shortlisting criterion matrix. This matrix has consideration for various aspects of the organization and their potential and experience viz. basic infrastructure in place, scale of operations, training capacity, capacity and experience of mobilizing potential candidates and enrolling them for training, track record of successfully operating training programs, linkages with livelihood on completion of training and cost effectiveness, etc. Based on the selection criteria the top 5 agencies for each state will be shortlisted
- Solutio Global will share the details of all applicants with Plan India and these will be accessed by Plan India for any further requirements. Plan India will carry out a verification process prior to appointing an agency for any assignment.
- For any queries or doubts can be asked through by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Solutio Global:
Solution Global has been selected as the technical agency to support Plan India to facilitate the identification and selection of credible Agencies/NGO’s as partners in selected states/ locations. Solutio Global is a consulting group providing strategic and technical advisory services, viz. development of strategic and operational plans, supporting execution – directly or by establishing mechanisms to ensure effective execution, conducting research, monitoring and evaluation,etc. to organizations engaging in the social sector.