About WorldSkills: Founded in 1950, WorldSkills is the global hub for skills excellence and development. WorldSkills brings youth, industries, and educators together to give youth the chance to compete, experience, and learn how to become the best in their skill of choice. From the traditional trades to multi-skilled technology careers in the industry and service sectors, supported by partners, industries, governments, volunteers, and educational institutions, WorldSkills vision is to improve the world through the power of skills. It has 75 Member countries and regions,all working with youth, educators, governments, and industries to help prepare the workforce and talent of today for the jobs of the future.
About WorldSkills India: WorldSkills India is an initiative of the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India. NSDC, through its WorldSkills India initiative, has been leading the country’s participation at WorldSkills International competitions since 2011.
The key objectives of WorldSkills India are to:
- Promulgate skills in society to motivate the youth to pursue vocational education.
- Champion skills and learning for work through local, regional, national and international skills competitions
- Create partnership network comprising of government, industry, academic partners, VET institutions, trade associations and youth to promote skills
- Establish long-term association with WorldSkills International and other WorldSkills member countries
About IndiaSkills: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) & National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) launched India’s first National Skills Competition- IndiaSkills, a biennial competition.
Eligibility Criteria: The competitor must be born on or after 1st January 1997 for all skills apart from Aircraft Maintenance, Mechatronics, Manufacturing Team Challenge and Information Network Cabling where competitors must be born on or after 1st January 1994.
Points to Note:
- Screening/ selections will be conducted by States.
- All registrations received will be forwarded to respective States and Sector Skill Councils.
- State competitions may be conducted in select trades. However, NSDC with Sector Skill Councils may conduct selections for trades not covered during state competitions and for which registrations are received.
Application Process: To apply online for participation, Registration Form
For general information and queries, read FAQs