Kerala Academy for Skills Excellence (KASE), the State Skill Development Mission of Government of Kerala, under the Department of Labour and Skills is a company incorporated under Section 25 of Companies Act, 1956, established as an apex organization for the skill development initiatives in the state of Kerala. Applications are invited from interested candidates to work as Chief Operating Officer (COO) with Kerala Academy for Skills Excellence.
I. Job Purpose:
COO will report to the Managing Director/Board, KASE in its overall functioning. This includes building relationships, interaction with Government, partners, professionals and execution of multiple projects. COO will be responsible to extend thematic and operational guidance to the team towards attainment of the results envisaged by KASE to the required standards of quality and within the constraints of time and cost. She/he has to plan, monitor and coordinate the implementation and supervision of the vision, goals and works focusing on skill development of the State and to promote compliance of projects within the best interest of the State.
II. Qualification Experience:
1. Essential to have a post graduate degree in any discipline under regular course from a reputed institution/ university.
2. The candidates should have at least 10 years post qualification experience in Management/Administration (5 years in case of MBA/MSW).
3. At least 5 years of experience in senior management level in any organization.
4. Experience in management of Skill Development initiatives is desirable.
5. Experience of working in PSUs or Government Projects is desirable.
6. Sound understanding of process pertaining to preparation of EoIs, RFPs, bidding process and contracts.
7. The Candidate shall have excellent communication skill and well versed with computer.
The applicant shall have age between 28 and 45 years as on 01.07.2017.
Fluency in English and Malayalam is essential.
Willingness to travel extensively as the project demands.
VII. Duties and Responsibilities
a. Leadership and Strategic Management
– Ability to build and sustain effective partnerships with government agencies, departments and various skill development institutions.
– Provide a working environment that encourages coordination and cohesion among staff within the sectors.
– Identify key priority areas for skill development and lead the planning, implementation and supervision of works as well as monitor the quality of output and achievement of long term goals and objectives.
– Provide leadership in mainstreaming innovative ideas and approaches.
– Ability to liaise and deal effectively with the Board, Management and Senior Staff, as well as with senior functionaries in governments and collaborator agencies.
– Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
– Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
– Oversee the design and processing of projects to ensure quality, innovation, result-orientation and responsiveness to skill policies and procedures.
b. Thematic & Policy Sector Work
– Conduct Research, Innovate and Lead to identify and anticipate opportunities and problems in skill development sector and provide advice and information for policy discussions.
– Conduct complex analysis and reviews to achieve planned results.
– Lead and manage the conduct of sector/ thematic studies and ensure their proper dissemination of knowledge products.
– Contribute new or innovative approaches to policy and operational issues which will strengthen to design and implement the various skill developmental initiatives.
– Oversee the regional and global practices on skill development and promote its implementation effectively.
– Participate in and contribute to critical regional, national and international events, activities and programs that have high strategic and operational relevance to skill development sector.
– Integrate projects and programs contributing to the earliest skill development results.
– Manages for results by planning staff resources, implementing, monitoring and reporting outcomes.
c. External Relations and Internal coordination.
– Provide support for relationship management, consultation and coordination with government, development partners, industries and private sector groups in the area of skill development.
– Provide support for relationship management and coordination with the Board, Senior Management and other departments.
– Work closely with other departments to develop and implement strategic plan to promote and lead cross-sector/thematic team work.
– Undertake the performance management including motivation of staff.
– Manage the performance of teams and individuals providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
– Any other work/ assignment as and when assigned by the Management.
VIII. Core Competencies
– Demonstrates integrity by modelling the values and ethical standards.
– Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of KASE.
– Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
– Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
– Approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
– Promotes effective team using mentoring and conflict resolution skills
– Encourages open communication in the team.
– Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
– Ability to work independently and under pressure.
– Schedules activities to ensure optimum use of time and resources.
– Self-motive and initiative-taking.
– Fair and transparent decision making.
– Good interpersonal skills.
The appointment will be purely on contract basis.
Salary will not be a constraint for the right candidate and will be decided by the Board.
XI. Selection Criteria
Short listed candidates will have to appear for an interview.
XII. How to apply?
Interested candidates meeting above eligibility criteria may forward their application in the attached format ( Click Here ) along with their CV, copies of all relevant documents for proof of age, educational qualification, experience etc. and a recent passport size photograph in an envelope superscripted with “Application for the post of Chief Operating Officer” by 5 pm till 10 Jan 2018 to :
The Managing Director,
Kerala Academy for Skills Excellence (KASE),
3rd floor, Carmel Tower,
Cotton Hill, Vazhuthacaud,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695014.
Ph: 0471 2735949, 0471 2735856