Lucknow : Government of India has launched the National Skill Development Mission to develop Vocational Training System in the country that provides quality skilled manpower to the industry, bridging the gap between its demand and supply. The Mission aims to upgrade the existing system of vocational training by strengthening craftsman training, apprenticeship training and development of new skill sets with active participation of industry. Persons with Disabilities in India face many challenges when to develop employable skills and in gaining environment. The Person with Disabilities continue to face many difficulties in the labour market and as per census 2011, there are 2.68 crore Person with Disabilities in India. Their need for meaningful employment largely remains unmet and the PwDs are significantly disconnected from skills & markets. In addition to the individual and family benefits there is need to prepare Persons with Disabilities as a component of human resource.
Composite Regional Centre, Lucknow working under the administrative control of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhaya Institute for the Physically Handicapped, New Delhi under the aegis of Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India intends to implement Skill Development Training Programme.
This Request for Proposals is for empanelling training providers to train the desirous persons with disabilities belonging to the SC/ST category in the trades of Hand Embroidery and Handloom weaving (carpet) and facilitate their placement or develop entrepreneurship after training.
Proposals are invited from eligible supporting training providers interested in partnering with the Composite Regional Centre, Lucknow for the said purpose on or before 16th March 2018 by 5 pm.
Important Details :
1. The programme aims to provide vocational training in the age of group of 18-59 year to Persons with Disabilities belonging to SC/ST category in the trade of Hand Embroidery and Handloom weaving (carpet) through Skill Development Training Programme.
2. The Programme will cover PwDs with not less than 40% disabilities and having disabilities certificate issued by a competent medical authority. As an endeavor to encourage women, 30% of total intake shall be earmarked for women candidates.
3. To expand and strengthen training and skill development facilities in areas/trades in which existing government institutes do not have requisite infrastructure and trainers.
4. To complement and supplement existing resources in areas/trades already being run in various Industrial Training institutes and Polytechnics of the state
5. To ensure optimal utilization of infrastructure and staff of existing organization.
6. To build capacity in the area of development of competency standards, course curricula, learning material and assessment standards in the country.
Contact person for communication: Shri Muklesh Kumar, Rehabilitation Officer & Coordinator, Skill Development Programme. (M: 6394169717, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Composite Regional Centre, Mohaan Road, Near Mohaan Police Chowki, Lucknow- 226017 M : 7839456178, E-mail : email@example.com, Website : www.crciphlko.in
For more details and Application Checklist (Annexure), Click Here