TERMS OF REFERENCE
Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India, is implementing a placement linked skill development program called the DDU-GKY i.e. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (erstwhile Aajeevika Skills Program). DDU-GKY aims at alleviation of rural poverty through skill development and regular job placement for poor rural youth in the age group of 15-35 years.
DDU-GKY is unique in its design under the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM). It gives priority to disadvantaged groups such as the SC/ ST/ women/ minorities and people with disability (PWD); it focuses on market-led training programs to ensure employability of youth and it emphasizes on partnership with private sector, NGOs, CBOs (Community Based Organization) and others for skilling and placement delivery.
DDU-GKY is implemented through a 3 tier structure with MORD at the apex as the policy making, facilitation and coordination agency; the State Skill Missions (SSMs) or State Rural Livelihood Missions as the state level nodal implementation support agencies and Project Implementation Agencies (PIA) who serve as the skill and placement providers under the program. The DDU-GKY envisages a central role for SRLMs/SSMs in driving the program delivery, its quality and outcomes.
In addition to the DDU-GKY Program, the Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India is mandated to facilitate the sustainable and inclusive growth of rural India, with special focus on developing self-employment, wage-employment and livelihood opportunities for rural poor.
Rural Development and Self Employment Training Institute (RUDSETI) was established at Dharmasthala, Karnataka in 1982 by Dr. D Veerendra Heggade, Padma Vibhushan awardee, philanthropist and educationist jointly with SyndicateBank and Canara Bank. RUDSETI’s objective is to mitigate the problem of unemployment and poverty amongst the rural youth by empowering through training, self-employment, entrepreneurship development and job creation.
The Ministry after realizing the impact of RUDSETI training in creation of the sustainable livelihood through self-employment in rural areas took initiative to replicate and upscale the model. In 2009, the Ministry advised all the Banks to establish Rural Self Employment Training Institutes (RSETIs) in all their Lead Districts on the models of RUDSET Institutes. RSETIs identify, orient, train and assist rural youth to take up self-employment as an alternative career and a source of livelihood.
To address the critical requirements the Rural Skills Division requires the services of ONE Mission Executives for RSETI Coordination as full time consultant at L3 level.
2. OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The primary objective for the Mission Executive- Project Appraisal would be to undertake effective and timely project appraisal along with other financial functions such as strategic and operational management of Finance, Budgeting, Accounting and fiduciary functions such as financial forecasting, support to budgeting, assessing effective costing of the program, undertaking test audits of financial and process compliance across the ecosystem.
3. ROLES AND RESPSONSIBILITES:
- Monitoring the progress of the functioning of RSETIs
- Guide the process for identifying the key performance questions and parameters for monitoring performance and comparing it to targets.
- Support the states in the institution of community monitoring systems (self-monitoring, inter-institutional monitoring, social audit and score card).
- Provide support to states for conduct of thematic studies on quality of SHGs, financial inclusion, livelihoods and such other areas by external agencies in terms of providing support for design of TOR, procurement of agencies and conduct of the study.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
4. QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
The suitable candidates will have the following qualifications:
Education: Post-Graduate degree in Economics/ Social Sciences/ Statistics/ Management, Science, Engineering/ Technology, Rural Development, Development Studies or related fields from an institute of National or International repute.
Experience: Work experience of 5-10 years in implementation/ monitoring and evaluation of large scale projects at National or State level projects preferably in the fields of Rural Development and Skill Development. Experience of working in similar areas with Government projects (Center or State) in India will be given preference.
5.SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Self-driven, self-motivated with an entrepreneurial ability to drive quality across the ecosystem.
- Ability to work independently with lean resources.
- Ability to network and co-opt collaboration from diverse stakeholders who are part of the DDU-GKY eco system.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Unimpeachable integrity and strong work ethics and personal commitment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High level of numeracy skills and high level proficiency in software application like Word/ Excel and PowerPoint.
- Gender sensitivity
- Ability to understand and consistently apply organizational policies and procedures in work.
- Willingness to travel.
6. SCHEDULE & LOCATION
The Mission Executives shall be appointed on contract for a period 1 year. The tenure is extendable on mutual agreement. The role shall be based out DDU-GKY office in Delhi and may involve travel to other offices in States as required.
The Mission Executives -Project Appraisal, shall report directly to:
COO (Skills), DDU-GKY
III Floor, 124 Thapar House
Or to any other person assigned by the Ministry
Minimum remuneration will be Rupees 65000 plus travel related reimbursable as per the NRLPS norms.
9. APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested persons may apply by sending the filled in application template (Application Form)along with latest CV to email@example.com.
10. LAST DATE TO APPLY
06 March 2018, 1700 hours ( 05:00 PM )
Note: Please note that applications not furnished in the prescribed format are liable to be rejected.