TERMS OF REFERENCE:
The Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India, is implementing a placement linked skill development program called the DDU-GKY – Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (erstwhile known as the Aajeevika Skills Program). The vision of DDU-GKY is “Transforming Rural Poor Youth into Economically Independent and Globally Relevant Workforce”.
DDU-GKY aims to achieve this vision with an inclusive agenda, standards-led delivery focused on industry requirements and its outreach that makes skills acquisition aspirational amongst the rural poor, thereby helping to create an empowered and productive workforce.
DDU-GKY is unique in its focus and approach to skilling. It is the only national level program that is fully focused on youth from poor rural families to ensure that the majority of the potential demographic dividend which resides in the villages of the country are equipped with skills to participate in economic growth of the country. In its design and mandate DDU-GKY gives priority to disadvantaged groups such as the SC/ ST/ women/ minorities and people with disability (PWD), victims of human trafficking and particularly vulnerable tribal groups (PVTGs) and other such vulnerable groups.
DDU-GKY has many “firsts” to its credit. It is the first program to launch “Roshni” which is a placement linked skill training program aimed at rural youth in left-wing extremist (LWE) districts of the country. Similarly, DDU-GKY is a pioneer in launching “Himayat” aimed at providing skills and employment to the youth of Jammu and Kashmir. Both of these programs have been highly appreciated by all stakeholders and have now become the norm for providing productive alternatives in conflict areas. DDU-GKY also has been pioneer in setting the very first standards for infrastructure and processes for skill delivery in the country, supported by a quality framework that puts self-regulation at the heart of its quality policy. In its objective to benchmark skills to global standards, DDU-GKY has also been the first mover to introduce information technology supported by tablets for every trainee, soft-skills and English language delivery.
DDU-GKY is implemented through a 3 tier structure with MORD at the apex as the policy making, facilitation and coordination agency; the State Skill Missions (SSMs) / State Rural Livelihood Missions (SRLMs) as the state level nodal implementation support agencies and external organizations (Corporates, Societies, NGOs, Private Skill Training providers) as Project Implementation Agencies (PIAs) who serve as the skill and placement providers under the program. The DDU-GKY envisages a central role for SSMs/SRLMs in driving program delivery, its quality and outcomes. The DDU-GKY guidelines provide additional information on the program. The guidelines can be accessed under the resource section of DDU-GKY website at http://www.ddugky.gov.in.
To address the above stated requirements the DDU-GKY requires the services of 1 professional expert at L1 Level, to function as ‘Project head, Himayat and Regional representative, North.
2. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Regional Representative (J&K- Himayat, Punjab and Haryana) will work under the overall guidance of the Joint Secretary, Skills (MoRD) and under direct supervision of the COO, DDU-GKY. The Regional Representative will be a key part of the national management team tasked with the responsibility of facilitating effective implementation of Himayat/DDU-GKY in the states of Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab and Haryana, with the primary focus on J&K. S/he will also provide capacity building support to the states in the region. S/he will work towards attainment of the results envisaged under the program to the required standards of quality and as per the approved policy.
Key Results to be achieved are
- Achievement of skill training and placement targets
- Transition of the states in the region to AAP (Annual Action Plan) status.
- Making DDU-GKY the most credible and preferred skill training programme for eligible youth training partners and employers
- Ensure 100% adherence to Standard Operating Procedures in the region
Under the overall guidance of the Joint Secretary, Skills, (MoRD) and direct supervision of the COO, DDU-GKY and Programme Analyst, UNDP, the Regional Representative (J&K- Himayat, Punjab and Haryana) will:
1. Ensure effective implementation of Himayat in J&K through :
- Identification of skill training projects and training partners for approval of proposals by MORD
- Coordination of projects for approval
- Ensuring timely and standards-led implementation of approved projects
- Building capacity of PIAs with the support of HMMU – Himayat Mission Management Unit
- Undertaking regular monitoring of Himayat projects and review by the Ministry.
- Timely preparation and presentation of MIS
- Building capacity of HMMU staff
- Providing inputs to strengthen Himayat related policy and guidelines
- Designing and undertaking surveys to evaluate effectiveness of interventions
- Coordination and liaison with the state government on programmatic issues
- Coordination and liaison with MoRD
- Any other task required to achieve efficient and effective results
2. Ensure effective technical and capacity building support to the State Rural Livelihood Missions (SRLM) responsible for rolling out of DDU-GKY in the states of Punjab and Haryana. Specific tasks include:
- Liaise with the state government for effective functioning of SRLM / State Skills Mission (SSM) responsible for implementing DDU-GKY.
- Facilitate staffing, build and nurture effective sensitive support teams at various levels; in the state in line with the DDU-GKY guidelines
- Facilitate capacity building support to the staff of SRLM / SSM and Communities (members, leaders, cadres and institutions) at multiple levels in various ways;
- Facilitate SRLM in developing and fine-tuning of programme strategies for social mobilization & institution building, including development of key institutional processes relating to training, project appraisal, partnership management, MIS and IT systems, development of Annual Action Plans and State Perspective Plans, Monitoring & Evaluation and others.
- Support troubleshooting during implementation;
- Facilitate SRLM in managing convergence with Rural Livelihoods component of NRLM and community partnerships; and
- Be the link between NMMU-MoRD and SRLM
- Perform any other related tasks consistent with the level of the post and/ or assigned by the Joint Secretary, Skills (MoRD)/ COO, DDU-GKY.
3. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
Education: Masters in Science, Engineering, Technology, Management, Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Dairying, ICT, Economics, Social Sciences, Political Science, Development Studies or related fields
Experience: Minimum 15 years of relevant experience at the state/national level in:
– Leading implementation of large rural development / social sector projects. Experience is leading projects at GOI/ State government level will be given preference.
– Design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects
– Coordination and facilitation of senior, complex teams
– India’s development administration systems
A minimum of 15 years’ experience in a senior level of responsibility at the state or national level in rural development, rural livelihoods, skill development and/or related fields. With minimum 2-3 years of experience in
– Leading large scale rural livelihoods promotion/skill development programmes. Coordination and facilitation of senior, complex teams providing management advisory services
– Hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of rural development/skill development projects.
– Experience in handling partnerships including funding
– Experience of leading large scale rural development / social sector projects for GOI/ State government
4. SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Deep understanding of issues pertaining to poverty reduction and livelihoods
- Project/Programme Management
- Hands-on expertise in processes/tools of Social Mobilization, participation, institution building and capacity building of community members, leaders, cadres and professionals and in livelihoods promotion
- Good analytical skills including skills in data analysis and report writing
- Building Strategic Partnerships
- Ability to build and sustain effective partnerships with Government Agencies and main constituents, advocate effectively, communicate sensitively across different constituencies
- Possesses consultative and collaborative capacities
- Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, evaluate information accurately and identify key issues required to resolve problems
- Builds strong relationships with the NMMU team and State Rural Livelihoods Mission, focusing on impact and result
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Leadership and Self-Management
- Has ability to work under supervision as well as with self-initiative and motivation
- Establishes priorities for self and other members of the team; schedules activities to ensure optimum use of time and resources; monitors performance against development and other objectives and corrects deviations from the course
- Proven ability to coordinate the work of others and to work as part of a team and share knowledge with others.
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complex situations
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view. Also solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behaviour
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is essential. Knowledge of regional language(s) would be an asset.
4. SCHEDULE & LOCATION
‘‘Project head, Himayat and Regional representative, North, shall be appointed on contract and the tenure is extendable on mutual agreement. The job shall be based out DDU-GKY office in Delhi and may involve travel to other offices in States as required.
Minimum remuneration will be Rupees 1, 20,000/- plus travel related reimbursable as per the NRLPS norms
7. APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested persons may apply by sending the filled in application template (Application Form) along with latest CV to email@example.com.
8. LAST DATE TO APPLY
06 March 2018,1700 hrs ( 05:00 PM )
Note: Please note that applications not furnished in the prescribed format are liable to be rejected.