The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is a one of a kind public private partnership under the ambit of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) set up as part of the governments’ coordinated action in the skills space with the specific target of skilling /up skilling 160 million people by 2022. NSDC operates mainly by fostering private sector initiatives in this area. In order to achieve this target NSDC has been working on three key mandates:
- Create: Proactively catalyse creat ion of large, quality vocational training institutions.
- Fund: Reduce risk by providing patient capital and improve returns by providing viability gap funding.
- Enable: Facilitate the creation of support systems required for skill development With a training partner network of over 300 affiliates, 40 industry-led Sector Skill Councils and various enabling systems and programs, NSDC is a major contributor to the Government’s Skill India mission.
Objective of the Assignment: NSDC has received several requests from private and public skill training institutions to provide technical assistance to set up Multi-Skill Training Institutions (MSTIs) of world-class standards. In line with these requests, NSDC is now seeking to establish a Panel of International Advisors with the scope of services as defined in the Scope of Work below. This panel will then be used to provide Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Consulting Services to MSTIs, as and when the need arises.
Duration: The duration of the Empanelment is 2 years from the date of signing the contract. The draft Terms of Reference (ToR) is appended below.
The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) now through its Expression of Interest notification Reference No.: EOI/CSNI/2018/0005 dated 23rd March 2018 invites eligible Advisory Consultants /Institutions/Agencies/Universities not based in India (“Consultant”) to indicate their interest in being empanelled as an International Adviser. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. Consultants are required to furnish the information as per the format given under Annexure–I.
Points to Note:
1. The Consultant should not have been black listed by any Government Agency/Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous Bodies. Interested consultants are required to submit a declaration on their letter head or an affidavit to this effect as per Annexure – II.
2. The EoI’s will be evaluated based on the Technical Criteria stated in Table 1 below for empanelment as an International Adviser. The Consultants is required to submit relevant supporting documents against each Technical criterion.
3. The Consultant will be required to present its qualifications and relevant experience to the Scoring Committee, via video conferencing or in-person. A date for the presentation will be scheduled with the Consultant upon the submission of the EOI.
4. Subsequent to the empanelment process, NSDC, on receiving individual project proposals on potential MSTI projects, will issue RFP to the said Empanelled International Advisors for selection of Consultant for each individual project in accordance with the Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the NSDC Procurement Guidelines.
5. The EOI is open ended for all Consultants and the evaluation of proposals received will be done as and when received.
6. Proposal received as on 11th April 2018 will be evaluated after 11th April 2018. We will again active the EOI in multiple phases for submitting the Proposals by the Bidders and accordingly Evaluation will be done to Empanel maximum of 7 Consultants. Depending upon the number of response to EOIs received, NSDC reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of Consultants to be empanelled.
7. NSDC reserves the right to reject any or all of the Proposals submitted in response to this EOI document at any stage without assigning any reasons whatsoever. NSDC also reserves the right to hold, or withdraw or cancel the process at any stage under intimation to the applicants who submit the response to EOI.
8. The Consultants who fulfill all the eligibility criteria as mentioned in Annexure – I and interested for this assignment may submit their application* in the prescribed format along with relevant documents on NSDC website: https://www.nsdcindia.org/active-tender and NSDC e-procurement portal https://nsdc.eproc.in in accordance to the procedure enumerated in Annexure – III.
Last date to apply: 11 April 2018, 1700 hours ( 05:00 PM )
For Expression of Interest (EOI) related details, refer EOI document which can be downloaded from here ( Click Here )
* No Courier/Hand Delivery of applications will be allowed.