Jharkhand Skill Development Mission Society (“JSDMS”) was registered on 1st October, 2013 under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 to function as an autonomous organisation under Department of Planning and Development, Government of Jharkhand. Through a Government of Jharkhand notification dated 18 June 2015, JSDMS was made an autonomous body under Department of Labour, Employment, Training & Skill Development, Government of Jharkhand.
The primary objectives of JSDMS are:
(a) To increase the employability of the youth and empower them to take part in the economic growth of Jharkhand and India and thereby reduce unemployment, under-employment, poverty and socio-economic inequality;
(b) To provide skill development training to the youth of the State;
(c) To develop self-employment and entrepreneurial skills for youths of Jharkhand;
(d) To assist in creating an enabling environment to attract investment in professional and skill development sector;
(e) To assist the State Government in formulating appropriate policy, legislations and/or measures to fulfil the skill gap;
(f) To monitor the costs and quality of training imparted to produce targeted number of high quality skilled personnel across various strata of youth and workers, especially from amongst the disadvantaged sections of the society;
(g) To create effective convergence between school education, professional courses and various skill development efforts of Central and State Governments;
(h) To promote and carry out, on its own or on behalf of the State Government, activities to generate awareness, research and study on skill demand;
(i) To increase the skill training facility in the state of Jharkhand.
Objective of the Project
1. The key objective of the project is to establish Mega Skill Centres across districts with a skill training capacity of 3000 to 5000 beneficiaries per year for both residential and non-residential training. These centres shall emerge as Centre of Excellence for the skill training in their respective sectors.
2. In order to foster skilling initiatives in the state, JSDMS seeks to invite proposals from entities, which are eligible to apply for the Project as per Clause 2.1.
3. Projects shall be awarded to the Bidders achieving the required Overall Score based on evaluation of the technical and financial capability of Bidders in line with the criteria described in Clause 2.1 and 3.3 of this RFP. As part of the project, Authority (Revenue Department, Government of Jharkhand) may identify and provide the right to use of existing buildings owned by Authority to the Preferred Bidders for the Mega Skill Training Centres. In case building is offered by Authority, training fee payable to the private partner shall be reduced at the rate of 15% and 10% of the training fee for municipal and non- municipal areas respectively. Wherein such buildings are not available, the Authority subject to availability, shall identify suitable land and provide right to use the land to the private partner at a nominal agreed cost. The private partner has to construct the required infrastructure, procure & install equipment, operate and maintain the Mega Skill Training Centre. In such case no reduction of training fee shall be envisaged. The private partner has also the option to set up their own facility under the project. These will be decided during negotiation prior to signing of Concession Agreement.
4. The Bidder shall apply under Type 1 or Type 2 as defined in the eligibility criteria
5. The Preferred Bidders are required to procure & install equipment, operate and maintain the Mega Skill Training Centre and impart skill training as per the terms of concession agreement during the Concession Period. Costing of sanctioned work shall be determined in accordance with the Common Norms notified by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (relevant extracts in Schedule-A) and subject to subsequent amendments from time to time or any notification by JSDMS from time to time.
Description of Bidding Process
1. Interested Bidders deemed eligible as per Clause 2.1 can participate in the Bidding Process by submitting their proposal online in the format given in the Appendix. Each Bidder must submit a single proposals including all of the sectors in which the Bidder wishes to start the Project. A Bidder may choose to apply in more than 1 sector.
2. Along with the Proposal, a Bidder is required to deposit a non-refundable processing fee (“the Processing Fee”) of INR 5,000/- (Rupees Five Thousand only). The Processing Fee must be in the form of a crossed demand draft drawn on any scheduled bank in favour of “Jharkhand Skill Development Mission Society”, payable at par in Ranchi. Scanned copy of the same needs to be attached to the technical proposal.
3. Bidders shall also require to submit refundable bid security of INR 2,00,000.00 either in the form of Bank Guarantee in favour of “Jharkhand Skill Development Mission Society” from any Nationalized/ Scheduled Bank valid for a period of 210 days from due date of submission of bid. The bid security of unsuccessful bidders shall be returned within 30 days of communication to the unsuccessful bidders about their disqualification. The bid security of successful bidders shall be returned upon signing of agreement by the private partner and submission of performance security by the Preferred Bidder. Scanned copy of the same needs to be attached to the technical proposal. Bid processing fee and Refundable bid security shall be submitted offline as per the schedule given in clause 1.5.4.
4. JSDMS shall endeavour to adhere to the following schedule but reserves the right to alter the same. The date of all the events shall be notified on JSDMS website:
1. Date of Issue of Tender Document : 23rd March 2018 2018
2. Last date for sending pre bid queries : 5th April 2018 till 11.00 AM
3. Pre-Bid Meeting : 5th April 2018 at 11.30 AM at JSDMS office, Ranchi
4. Publishing of pre-bid queries : 6th April 2018 on www.jharkhandtenders.gov.in
5. Last date for submission of hardcopy of Bid Processing Fees and EMD : 20th April 2018 up to 3.00 PM
6. Date of opening of Technical Proposals : 20th April 2018 at 3.00 PM
7. Technical Presentation : Yes, date shall be communicated by JSDMS
Last date for submission: 19 April 2018, 1500 hours ( 03:00 PM )