Aga Khan Rural Support Programme looking for Senior Manager – Capacity Development
Organization: Aga Khan Rural Support Programme – India (AKRSPI)
Position: Senior Manager – Capacity Development
Location: Ahmedabad with substantial travel to field locations in Gujarat, Bihar & Madhya Pradesh
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: Post Graduate in any discipline preferably in Management or Social Sciences
Experience: Over 8 years of experience in vocational skills or rural livelihoods training sector. Expertise in one of the mentioned sectors (refer Background below) will be necessary for this position.
- Good managerial skills to prepare strategies, planning, budgeting, resource mobilisation, monitoring and reporting
- Good communications skills including good writing skills
- Team coordination and team building
- Technical knowledge on skills sector and rural livelihoods sector
- Ability to work independently to implement decided strategies
- Ability to provide leadership to field teams
- Strong financial analysis and budgeting skills
- Ability to coordinate independently with various stakeholders like donors, government, industries etc
- In depth knowledge of modern technologies and approaches used in skill sectors
Job Overview: Senior Manager (Capacity Building Unit) will be required to integrate both of the above initiatives to use strengths of these units. This position will be largely responsible to strengthen and expand both the above initiatives considering immense future possibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strategy building with focus on market orientation and financial sustainability
- Leading and integrating teams of skills units ( Yuva Junction and Vadvai)
- Planning, budgeting, reviews and monitoring of skills initiatives
- Deepening and expanding the current programs of these units
- Improving technical capabilities of the organisation to drive greater impact in youth sector
- Improving training quality of these units
- Proposal writing and resources mobilization for execution of planned strategies
- Coordination with various stakeholders including donors, technical organisations etc
- Strengthening the current team of professionals in skills units
- Achieving financial sustainability of skills operations of the organisation
Remuneration: Salary will commensurate with qualification and experience.
Application Process: Interested candidates should apply on firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Sr. Manager (Capacity Development)”
Last date to apply: 18 September 2017
Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India) is a non-denominational, non-government organization. AKRSP (I) was established in Gujarat in 1984 and it seeks to contribute to rural poverty reduction through community involvement and empowerment that leads to the efficient management and improved productivity of natural resources.
Background: AKRSP(I) has two specific initiatives around Skills Development; one is focused on rural youths while the other is focused on capacity building of professionals from development agencies. Initiative around rural youths is known as Yuva Junction. It imparts skills training to youths along with gainful employment opportunities in various industries. Currently majority of the trades offered by this unit are around services sector like retail, BPO, hospitality etc. All the training centers are located in remote rural locations of program states. There are plans to deepen our work within skills sector with focus on quality, market orientation, improved pedagogy, improved contents and use of modern technologies. New trades and new geographies also need to be explored.
Second initiative known as Vadvai is focused on capacity building of development sector workers primarily on participatory approaches to livelihoods enhancements in rural areas. Professionals from NGOs, CSRs and government agencies are major target group for this unit. This unit also provides some consultancy services relating to rural development.