American India Foundation Trust looking for Project Officer – Livelihoods
Organization: American India Foundation Trust
Position: Project Officer- Livelihoods
Reporting to: Program Manger- Livelihoods
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: post graduate
Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience; in the field of skilling/development sector
- Understanding of urban and rural development issues and skill development sector
- Passion of working for and with the underprivileged, sensitivity to gender issues
- Verbal and written communication, and documentation
- Willing to travel extensively to and within project locations
- Engaging multiple stakeholders
- Ability to plan, prioritize and implement activities in time-bound manner
- High personal and professional integrity
- Knowledge of Hindi and English is a must
Program Overview: AIF is implementing a market-aligned skills training project for 1,800 youth in partnership with Capgemini CSR at Hyderabad and Kolkata, wherein youth are being trained and placed in various domains such as IT/ITeS, Retail and Hospitality. The project aims at enhancing the employability and upward mobility of the candidates through a market-aligned skills training comprising of technical skills, financial literacy, digital literacy, soft skills and communication. The training program will combine various learning mediums such as classroom training, digital learning as well as spoken English training.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage an ongoing youth skill development project based at Hyderabad and Kolkata covering 600 youth candidates in the third year
- Coordinate and engage with multiple stakeholders including local partner, donor, employers etc.
- Facilitate voluntary activities by engaging with donor employees
- Ensure time-bound entry and validation of data in MIS
- Ensure timely release of instalments/tranche to the implementing partner organization and budget tracking
- Generate periodic project reports for internal and donor reporting
- Any other tasks assigned by reporting manager
Remuneration: Salary shall be commensurate with experience.
Application Process: To apply for this position, interested candidates can send their CV for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Project Officer- Livelihoods”
Last date to apply: 06 February 2018
Note: The successful candidate shall be issued an initial contract for a period of one year, extension is subject to the requirement, and based on performance. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
About American India Foundation Trust:
The American India Foundation Trust is committed to catalyzing social and economic change in India and building a lasting bridge between the United States and India through high-impact interventions in education, livelihoods, public health, and leadership development, with a particular emphasis on empowering girls and women to achieve gender equity. Working closely with local communities, AIF partners with NGOs to develop and test innovative solutions, and to create and scale sustainable impact.
Through its Market-Aligned Skills Training (MAST) program, AIF has skilled cumulatively 125,150 youth till March 2017, through partnerships in 195 centres across 22 states. AIF plays the role of enabling skill building, building partners capacities, developing processes pre, during and post training support, curricula customization, and faculty training and employer engagement for application of technology and mobile applications in skilling delivery. Overall project designing and management of the program remains core responsibility of AIF, while leveraging community relationships of the local partners in varied geographies.