Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) inviting applications for the post of Program Administration Manager
Organization: Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC)
Position: Program Administration Manager – International Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (I2E)
Reporting to: Program Director – I2E
No. of Positions: 01
Functional Area: Finance & Accounting, Travel, Logistics, HR/Recruitment and Administration Support
Job Type: Contractual for a period of one year
Age Limit: 27-35 Years as on 22.07.2017
Location: Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: Any MBA from a reputed institution in India with consistent good/outstanding academic records
Experience: Minimum 5 years post-qualification work experience in Finance & Accounting, Travel, Logistics, HR/Recruitment and Administration Support, Documentation, General Management/entrepreneurship/investment experience (VC/PE, investment banking)
- The desired candidate shall be a young, dynamic and proven leader who is committed to promoting innovation based entrepreneurship culture among students and academic institutions.
- A goals-driven self-starter, he/she will translate I2E’s vision and strategy into programs and initiatives and meticulously plan and execute them by building and motivating internal and external teams and partnerships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall administration manager for supporting the preparations for, and execution of the program.
- Reports to Program Director
- Owns and manages the administrative aspects of the program, such as, HR/Recruiting, Finance & Accounting and other support functions
- Helps build and manage pro-business Human Resources and Recruiting functions that partner with program and delivery managers to assist them in their operations
- Helps build and run a finance and accounting function, including formulate and track budgets, and provide forecasts
- Assembles and operates travel, logistics and other support functions to assist program managers in their business operations
- Oversees the administration and support activities at the venture development centers (VAC and VICs) through local admin managers/coordinators
- Leads and manages the admissions process for students, including administering admission tests/screening, registration, fees collection and other administrative tasks
- Assists Program Director in coordinating with participating educational institutions (VICs and VAC) to draw upon their resources (facilities, infrastructure and personnel) for the successful delivery of the program
- Owns and manages all administrative aspects of the supply chain, including vendor relations with business partners, suppliers and other vendors
Remuneration: As per APSSDC policy and norms
- A Selection Committee shall be constituted by APSSDC to conduct the selection process. The decision of the Committee shall be final and binding, and cannot be contested further.
- The selection of candidate would be done through a two-step process.
- First step will involve the screening of applicants based on their submitted Application Form, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Statement of Purpose (SoP).
- Only those candidates selected in the first round shall be invited for personal interviews.
- In the second round, the Committee shall conduct face-to-face interviews of the invited candidates.
- APSSDC reserves all the right to reject candidature of any applicant at any stage.
Application Process: Interested candidates may send their Application Form (Click Here), CV and a SoP in English (Maximum 500 words) by post/courier to APSSDC Office (Please also mail a soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last date to apply: 05 August 2017
Note: Candidates who can converse in Telugu may be preferred, but it is not essential.
APSSDC is a unique organization formed as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) corporation to promote skill development & entrepreneurship in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The Corporation is incorporated as a Section-8 company (not-for-profit) with a private equity component of 51% and 49% by Govt. of AP. The Corporation serves as the ‘Executive Agency’ for the Department of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Govt. of AP. APSSDC will also serve the important task of providing high quality skilled manpower as part of the ‘Knowledge and Skills Mission’ of GoAP, which is one of the cross-cutting missions among the seven missions formed by the Govt. to facilitate double digit growth of the state.
In this backdrop, APSSDC, in partnership with Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, is establishing International Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (I2E) to rapidly build a vibrant ecosystem consisting of world-class venture development centers (venture incubators and accelerators) to offer various academic and experiential learning programs to help ideate, mature and develop ventures through Northeastern’s proprietary NU-IDEA process. The venture development initiatives are supported
by maker spaces, mentor/investor networks, entrepreneurs clubs (e-clubs) and a host of other catalytic
- Promote a culture of innovation based entrepreneurship
- Build competencies through practical, hands-on experiential learning
- Help empower entrepreneurs to launch successful ventures
I2E Venture Development Process is based on Northeastern University’s proprietary NU-IDEA model, and consists of several components and stage-gates, supported by a number of resources, participating organizations and support entities. The objective is to move students with business ideas to initiate and develop viable ventures and help them launch those ventures into the real world. A brief description of Venture Accelerator Center (VAC) and Venture Initiation Centers (VICs) are given below.
Venture Initiation Centers (VICs): VICs are facilities, where students begin their entrepreneurship journey. A VIC is supported by a localized Entrepreneurship Ecosystem, a collection of venture support activities and services, which builds student engagement in entrepreneurship and helps move ventures more effectively through the Venture Accelerator.
A Venture Acceleration Center (VAC): A VAC takes the initiated ventures from the VICs and accelerates their development through NU-IDEA, a unique business planning and stage-gate methodology. Students are provided relevant educational and business resources to help advance their ventures through Ready-Set-Go stages, and scale the business and prepare the venture for raising external capital. Ventures compete to be eligible for grants of initial prototype funding and gap funding as they get their businesses ready for raising external capital.