Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) inviting applications for Program Director
Organization: Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC)
Position: Program Director – International Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (I2E)
Reporting to: MD & CEO APSSDC
No. of Positions: 01
Functional Area: Leadership & General Management
Job Type: Contractual for a period of one year
Age Limit: 30-40 Years as on 22.07.2017
Location: Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or MBA from a top tier institution in India/abroad with consistent good/outstanding academic records.
Minimum 8 years post-qualification work experience in leadership/general management/entrepreneurship/investment experience (VC/PE, investment banking) and/or in management consulting from top tier consulting firms (McKinsey/Bain/BCG)
- young, dynamic and proven leader who is committed to promoting innovation based entrepreneurship culture among
students and academic institutions.
- A goals-driven self-starter, he/she will translate I2E’s vision and strategy into programs and initiatives and meticulously plan and execute them by building and motivating internal and external teams and partnerships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Passport-ready for immediate international travel for training in the US
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Owns the program organization and its overall budget
- Leads and oversees the program managers and his/her team to efficiently run the day-to-day operations of venture development
centers (to be established under I2E)
- Directs the administrative aspects of the program, such as, HR/Recruiting, Finance & Accounting and other support functions
- Directs the messaging, marketing and promotional activities to get the most visibility and publicity for the program and its milestones
- Responsible for hiring, retention and firing decisions for the entire program organization
- Oversees the admissions process for students, including setting guidelines for qualifications and graduation requirements
- Coordinates with participating educational institutions to draw upon their resources (facilities, infrastructure and personnel) for the
successful delivery of the program
- Works with program manager and coordinators to build a vibrant entrepreneurship ecosystem to support the program
- Acts as the primary point of contact for Northeastern University’s NUIDEA team, and coordinates all partner activities to ensure effective delivery of the program.
- Helps promote innovation and entrepreneurship culture across educational institutions in AP
- Motivates students through various programs and activities across colleges to promote entrepreneurship as one of the career choices.
- Helps build an innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem in AP
- Participates in relevant meetings/conferences/seminars for promotion of I2E
- Keeps track of, and is accountable for project deadlines and budgets, and prepares and presents status reports as required
- Performs any other task assigned by MD & CEO – APSSDC from time to time
Remuneration: As per APSSDC policy and norms
- A Selection Committee shall be constituted by APSSDC to conduct the selection process. The decision of the Committee shall be final and binding, and cannot be contested further.
- The selection of candidate would be done through a two-step process.
- First step will involve the screening of applicants based on their submitted Application Form, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Statement of Purpose (SoP).
- Only those candidates selected in the first round shall be invited for personal interviews.
- In the second round, the Committee shall conduct face-to-face interviews of the invited candidates.
- APSSDC reserves all the right to reject candidature of any applicant at any stage.
Application Process: Interested candidates may send their Application Form (Click Here), CV and a SoP in English (Maximum 500 words) by post/courier to APSSDC Office (Please also mail a soft copy to email@example.com)
Last date to apply: 05 August 2017
Note: Candidates who can converse in Telugu may be preferred, but it is not essential.
APSSDC is a unique organization formed as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) corporation to promote skill development & entrepreneurship in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The Corporation is incorporated as a Section-8 company (not-for-profit) with a private equity component of 51% and 49% by Govt. of AP. The Corporation serves as the ‘Executive Agency’ for the Department of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Govt. of AP. APSSDC will also serve the important task of providing high quality skilled manpower as part of the ‘Knowledge and Skills Mission’ of GoAP, which is one of the cross-cutting missions among the seven missions formed by the Govt. to facilitate double digit growth of the state.
In this backdrop, APSSDC, in partnership with Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, is establishing International Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (I2E) to rapidly build a vibrant ecosystem consisting of world-class venture development centers (venture incubators and accelerators) to offer various academic and experiential learning programs to help ideate, mature and develop ventures through Northeastern’s proprietary NU-IDEA process. The venture development initiatives are supported
by maker spaces, mentor/investor networks, entrepreneurs clubs (e-clubs) and a host of other catalytic incentives, to:
• Promote a culture of innovation based entrepreneurship
• Build competencies through practical, hands-on experiential learning
• Help empower entrepreneurs to launch successful ventures
I2E Venture Development Process is based on Northeastern University’s proprietary NU-IDEA model, and consists of several components and stage-gates, supported by a number of resources, participating organizations and support entities. The objective is to move students with business ideas to initiate and develop viable ventures and help them launch those ventures into the real world. A brief description of Venture Accelerator Center (VAC) and Venture Initiation Centers (VICs) are given below.
Venture Initiation Centers (VICs): VICs are facilities, where students begin their entrepreneurship journey. A VIC is supported by a localized Entrepreneurship Ecosystem, a collection of venture support activities and services, which builds student engagement in entrepreneurship and helps move ventures more effectively through the Venture Accelerator.
A Venture Acceleration Center (VAC): A VAC takes the initiated ventures from the VICs and accelerates their development through NU-IDEA, a unique business planning and stage-gate methodology. Students are provided relevant educational and business resources to help advance their ventures through Ready-Set-Go stages, and scale the business and prepare the venture for raising external capital. Ventures compete to be eligible for grants of initial prototype funding and gap funding as they get their businesses ready for raising external capital.
I2E shall work as an independent department within APSSDC.