APSSDC invites applications for the post of Program Coordinator – Venture Initiation Centers (VICs)-I2E
Organization: Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC)
Position: Program Coordinator – Venture Initiation Centers (VICs) – International Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (I2E)
Reporting to: Program Manager (VAC) – I2E, APSSDC
No. of Positions: 04
Functional Area: General Management
Job Type: Contractual for a period of one year
Age Limit: 28-40 Years as on 22.07.2017
Location: Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or MBA from a top tier institution in India/abroad with consistent good/outstanding academic records.
Experience: Minimum 5 years post-qualification work experience in leadership/general management/entrepreneurship/investment experience (VC/PE, investment banking, and private equity)/management consulting from top tier consulting firms (Mckinsey/Bain/BCG)
- The desired candidate shall be a young, dynamic and proven leader who is committed to promote innovation based entrepreneurship culture in the society
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Passport-ready for immediate international travel for training in the US
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Program Manager (at the VAC)
- Owns responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the VIC
- Manages the administrative aspects of the VIC operations through local administration coordinator
- Helps build and run a coaching organization at the VIC for coaching and guiding students through their learning and venture-development processes
- Owns and coordinates the delivery of online learning modules to students at the VIC including local facilitation and assessment
- Responsible for coordination of NU-IDEA-INDIA venture development processes at the VIC including:
- venture applications
- venture orientations (at VIC/VAC)
- stage-gates (at VAC)
- prototype and gap funding (at VAC)
- investment pitches (at VAC)
- Responsible for setting up entrepreneurs club and other ecosystem support organizations at the local VIC and helps run their daily activities through student bodies
- Manages local relationships with the mentor network, investor network, service providers and business partners
- Organizing relevant workshops
Remuneration: As per APSSDC policy and norms
- A Selection Committee shall be constituted by APSSDC to conduct the selection process. The decision of the Committee shall be final and binding, and cannot be contested further.
- The selection of candidate would be done through a two-step process.
- First step will involve the screening of applicants based on their submitted Application Form, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Statement of Purpose (SoP).
- Only those candidates selected in the first round shall be invited for personal interviews.
- In the second round, the Committee shall conduct face-to-face interviews of the invited candidates.
- APSSDC reserves all the right to reject candidature of any applicant at any stage.
Application Process: Interested candidates may send their Application Form (Click Here), CV and a SoP in English (Maximum 500 words) by post/courier to APSSDC Office (Please also mail a soft copy to email@example.com)
Last date to apply: 05 August 2017
Note: Candidates with knowledge of reading, writing and speaking Telugu may be preferred
APSSDC is a unique organization formed as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) corporation to promote skill development & entrepreneurship in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The Corporation is incorporated as a Section-8 company (not-for-profit) with a private equity component of 51% and 49% by Govt. of AP. The Corporation serves as the ‘Executive Agency’ for the Department of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Govt. of AP. APSSDC will also serve the important task of providing high quality skilled manpower as part of the ‘Knowledge and Skills Mission’ of GoAP, which is one of the cross-cutting missions among the seven missions formed by the Govt. to facilitate double digit growth of the state.
In this backdrop, APSSDC, in partnership with Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, is establishing International Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (I2E) to rapidly build a vibrant ecosystem consisting of world-class venture development centers (venture incubators and accelerators) to offer various academic and experiential learning programs to help ideate, mature and develop ventures through Northeastern’s proprietary NU-IDEA process. The venture development initiatives are supported
by maker spaces, mentor/investor networks, entrepreneurs clubs (e-clubs) and a host of other catalytic incentives, to:
• Promote a culture of innovation based entrepreneurship
• Build competencies through practical, hands-on experiential learning
• Help empower entrepreneurs to launch successful ventures
I2E Venture Development Process is based on Northeastern University’s proprietary NU-IDEA model, and consists of several components and stage-gates, supported by a number of resources, participating organizations and support entities. The objective is to move students with business ideas to initiate and develop viable ventures and help them launch those ventures into the real world. A brief description of Venture Accelerator Center (VAC) and Venture Initiation Centers (VICs) are given below.
Venture Initiation Centers (VICs): VICs are facilities, where students begin their entrepreneurship journey. A VIC is supported by a localized Entrepreneurship Ecosystem, a collection of venture support activities and services, which builds student engagement in entrepreneurship and helps move ventures more effectively through the Venture Accelerator.
A Venture Acceleration Center (VAC): A VAC takes the initiated ventures from the VICs and accelerates their development through NU-IDEA, a unique business planning and stage-gate methodology. Students are provided relevant educational and business resources to help advance their ventures through Ready-Set-Go stages, and scale the business and prepare the venture for raising external capital. Ventures compete to be eligible for grants of initial prototype funding and gap funding as they get their businesses ready for raising external capital.
I2E shall work as an independent department within APSSDC.