APSSDC recruiting for the post of Marketing Manager – International Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (I2E)
Organization: Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC)
Position: Marketing Manager – International Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (I2E)
Reporting to: Program Director – I2E
No. of Positions: 01
Functional Area: Marketing (Print, Online, Social Media), Events Planning, Documentation
Job Type: Contractual for a period of one year
Age Limit: 27-35 Years as on 22.07.2017
Location: Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: MBA/PGDM with marketing concentration from a top tier institution in India/abroad with consistent good/outstanding academic records.
Experience: Minimum 5 years post-qualification work experience in marketing, event planning and management, social media and digital marketing, designing high impact websites and portals, documentation. Relevant industry experience in media/advertising/PR companies will be given preference
- The desired candidate shall be a young, dynamic and proven leader who is committed to promoting innovation based entrepreneurship culture among students and academic institutions.
- A creative individual who can translate I2E’s vision into effective marketing campaigns and initiatives and meticulously plan and execute them.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall head of the marketing function for the program.
- Reports to Program Director
- Owns and manages the marketing function of the organization for the effective positioning, promotion and publicizing of its programs to enhance participation at various levels
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans of the organization in consultation with its stakeholders
- Responsible for overall brand and identity management
- Leads creative, marketing and market research functions to design, plan and launch print, digital and social media marketing and promotional campaigns
- Plans, creates and produces various marketing materials in physical and digital forms, including brochures, websites, portals and mobile apps
- Plans, launches and tracks multi-faceted advertising campaigns – web, email, social media and display
- Plans and organizes marketing and promotional events, and coordinates participation in trade shows and exhibitions, for publicity and promotion of organization/program objectives
- Creates and produces short promotional videos of success stories
- Manages program documentation function, including creation of playbooks and reference materials
- Maintains effective external and internal communications to shape and manage messaging for consistency and effectiveness
Remuneration: As per APSSDC policy and norms
- A Selection Committee shall be constituted by APSSDC to conduct the selection process. The decision of the Committee shall be final and binding, and cannot be contested further.
- The selection of candidate would be done through a two-step process.
- First step will involve the screening of applicants based on their submitted Application Form, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Statement of Purpose (SoP).
- Only those candidates selected in the first round shall be invited for personal interviews.
- In the second round, the Committee shall conduct face-to-face interviews of the invited candidates.
- APSSDC reserves all the right to reject candidature of any applicant at any stage.
Application Process: Interested candidates may send their Application Form (Click Here), CV and a SoP in English (Maximum 500 words) by post/courier to APSSDC Office (Please also mail a soft copy to email@example.com)
Last date to apply: 05 August 2017
Note: Candidates who can converse in Telugu may be preferred, but it is not essential.
APSSDC is a unique organization formed as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) corporation to promote skill development & entrepreneurship in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The Corporation is incorporated as a Section-8 company (not-for-profit) with a private equity component of 51% and 49% by Govt. of AP. The Corporation serves as the ‘Executive Agency’ for the Department of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Govt. of AP. APSSDC will also serve the important task of providing high quality skilled manpower as part of the ‘Knowledge and Skills Mission’ of GoAP, which is one of the cross-cutting missions among the seven missions formed by the Govt. to facilitate double digit growth of the state.
In this backdrop, APSSDC, in partnership with Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, is establishing International Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (I2E) to rapidly build a vibrant ecosystem consisting of world-class venture development centers (venture incubators and accelerators) to offer various academic and experiential learning programs to help ideate, mature and develop ventures through Northeastern’s proprietary NU-IDEA process. The venture development initiatives are supported by maker spaces, mentor/investor networks, entrepreneurs clubs (e-clubs) and a host of other catalytic incentives, to:
- Promote a culture of innovation based entrepreneurship
- Build competencies through practical, hands-on experiential learning
- Help empower entrepreneurs to launch successful ventures
I2E Venture Development Process is based on Northeastern University’s proprietary NU-IDEA model, and consists of several components and stage-gates, supported by a number of resources, participating organizations and support entities. The objective is to move students with business ideas to initiate and develop viable ventures and help them launch those ventures into the real world. A brief description of Venture Accelerator Center (VAC) and Venture Initiation Centers (VICs) are given below.
Venture Initiation Centers (VICs): VICs are facilities, where students begin their entrepreneurship journey. A VIC is supported by a localized Entrepreneurship Ecosystem, a collection of venture support activities and services, which builds student engagement in entrepreneurship and helps move ventures more effectively through the Venture Accelerator.
A Venture Acceleration Center (VAC): A VAC takes the initiated ventures from the VICs and accelerates their development through NU-IDEA, a unique business planning and stage-gate methodology. Students are provided relevant educational and business resources to help advance their ventures through Ready-Set-Go stages, and scale the business and prepare the venture for raising external capital. Ventures compete to be eligible for grants of initial prototype funding and gap funding as they get their businesses ready for raising external capital.