Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) invites applications for the post Mission Manager
Organization: DDU-GKY (Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana)
Position: Mission Manager – State Partnership Unit
JS –Skills, DDU-GKY
III Floor, Thapar house, 124 Janpath
New Delhi, INDIA. Or to any other person assigned by the Ministry.
Type of Job: Contractual (contract basis extendable from time to time based on performance assessment)
Location: Delhi (may involve travel to other offices in States as required)
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: Post-Graduate degree in Economics/ Social Sciences/ Statistics/ Management, Science, Engineering/ Technology, Rural Development, Development Studies or related fields from an institute of National or International repute.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in implementation/ monitoring and evaluation of large scale projects at National or State level projects preferably in the fields of Rural Development and Skill Development.
- Experience of working in similar areas with Government projects (Center or State) in India will be given preference.
- Experience of Project Appraisal/Strategic or leadership role in F&T in skilling will be given preference.
- Excellent program planning, negotiate and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability and experience of coordinating with a variety of government officers, professionals, communities and other stakeholders;
- Deep understanding of the institutional architecture and of the poor.
- Self-driven with high capacity for autonomous work with the ability to be a strong team player.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Very strong numeracy, computing and IT skills in software applications; Word/ Excel/power point.
- The candidate shall have integrity, strong work ethic and high sense of personal commitment
- Gender sensitivity;
- Ability to understand and consistently apply organizational policies and procedures in work;
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively.
Job Overview: The primary objective of the role is to support the states in all aspects of program implementation to achieve quality outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate SRLMs in Capacity building of internal staff, Knowledge Management, Monitoring and Evaluation to achieve targets allocated under DDU-GKY.
- Facilitate SRLMs to design guidelines and protocols to implement DDU-GKY activities in their respective State and approvals of manuals for Mobilization, Training & Development, Monitoring & Evaluation and IEC
- Facilitate SRLMs to operationalize various systems including financial management, procurement, monitoring and learning, MIS, ICT, and learning systems including baseline and thematic studies, process monitoring, and community monitoring;
- Support SRLMs in procurement of agencies for DDUGKY like TSA, Project appraisal, Skill gap assessment
- Support SRLMs in preparation of Action Plans under DDU-GKY and process the submitted Action Plans as per guidelines for release of funds
- Maintain repository of best practices and success stories of candidates from the States concerned
- Facilitate SRLMs in managing convergence with rural livelihoods program (SHGs), MGNREGA and other state departments
- Monitor DDU-GKY Projects on an end to end basis from project appraisal to project closure including the surprise visits to the PIA HQs and training centers
- Ensure that necessary MIS reports are updated on a regular basis from states / CTSAs concerned
- Monitor the inspections being carried out by CTSAs or SRLMs on a regular basis
- Any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Remuneration: Minimum 1,00,000/- per month plus travel related reimbursable as per NRLPS norms.
Application Process: Interested candidates should send their applications in prescribed format ( application form ) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date to apply: 15 July 2017, 1700 hours (05:00 PM)
Note: Please note that the applications not furnished in the prescribed format are liable to be rejected.
Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India, is implementing a placement linked skill development program called the DDU-GKY i.e. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (erstwhile Aajeevika Skills Program). DDU-GKY aims at alleviation of rural poverty through skill development and regular job placement for poor rural youth in the age group of 15-35 years.
DDU-GKY is unique in its design under the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM). It gives priority to disadvantaged groups such as the SC/ ST/ women/ minorities and people with disability (PWD); it focuses on market-led training programs to ensure employability of youth and it emphasizes on partnership with private sector, NGOs, CBOs (Community Based Organization) and others for skilling and placement delivery.
DDU-GKY is implemented through a 3 tier structure with MORD at the apex as the policy making, facilitation and coordination agency; the State Skill Missions (SSMs) or State Rural Livelihood Missions as the state level nodal implementation support agencies and Project Implementation Agencies (PIA) who serve as the skill and placement providers under the program. The DDU-GKY envisages a central role for SRLMs/SSMs in driving the program delivery, its quality and outcomes. The DDU-GKY Guidelines provide additional information on the program. The Guidelines and SOP can be accessed under the resource section of the DDU-GKY website at http://www.ddugky.gov.in.
One of the key objectives of DDU-GKY is to secure decent employment to rural youth from marginalized sections of poverty so as to provide them and future generations, pathways to overcome poverty. To this end DDU-GKY requires effective, committed, sustainable partnerships with industry-national and international.
States are central to effective implementation of the program. To facilitate effective partnerships with states focused on quality outcomes for the program.