- This event has passed.
Summit-cum-Award on Skilling India: From Skills to Prosperity
August 9 @ 12:00 - 18:30INR3000
India has gradually evolved as knowledge – based economy due to the abundance of capable and qualified human capital. It has immense opportunity to establish its distinctive footing in the world. However, there is a need to further develop and empower this human capital to ensure the country’s competitiveness at the global platform. Despite the emphasis and importance given to education and training across various state and sectors, there is still a shortage of skilled manpower to address the mounting needs and demands of the economy.
With India transforming into one of the fastest growing economies, job creation and skill seem to be natural tools to ensure sustainable growth. The skill gap study by the NSDC during 2010-14 indicate that by 2022, over 109.7 million additional skilled manpower will be required across different sectors in India. In the last two years, the number of trained Indians grew by 36.8% to reach 10.4 million in FY16. Although the Government’s interventions augur well for the cause of skills promotion, there is no getting away from the fact that a lot more work needs to be done for the skill gaps to be closed.
To discuss on current scenario on Skill Development and catalyze the initiative, ASSOCHAM is organizing “Summit-cum-Award on Skilling India: From Skills to Prosperity”
Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Hon’ble Minister of Skill Development And Entrepreneurship GOI
Highlights of the Summit:
- Skill Development: Issues and Challenges in Industry
- Skill Ecosystem – Realignment
- Global Skill Scenario
- Financing Models of Skill Development Activities
- Issues & Challenges before VTP’s, Assessing Bodies and SSCs
- Skilling to Placement: Success Story & Way Forward
Eminent Dignitaries Invited:
- Dr. K.P. Krishnan, Secretary, MSDE, GOI
- Shri Asheesh Sharma, JS & DGT, MSDE, GOI
- Shri Krishna Kunal, IAS, MD, RSLDC, GOR
- Shri R.P. Singh, Secretary General, QCI
- Shri Manish Kumar, MD & CEO, NSDC
- Prof. (Dr.) Balvir S. Tomar, Chairman ASSOCHAM, National Council on Skill Development
- Prof. Santosh Mehrotra, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Shri Sher Verick, Deputy Director, ILO
- Prof. S. Parasuraman, Director, TISS
- Shri S.Y. Siddiqui, Chief Mentor, Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- Ms. Divya Jain, Founder & CEO, Safeducate Learning Pvt. Ltd.
- Maj Gen Kuldip Singh, CEO, The Security Sector Skill Development Council
Delegate Registration: Registration fee per delegate is Rs. 3,000/- plus 18% GST i.e. Rs. 3,540/-
(10% discount for two or more delegates from the same organization.)