Head – Assessment and Certifications, Training & HR Coordination required for DDU-GKY
Organization: DDU-GKY (Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana)
Position: Head – Assessment and Certifications, Training & HR Coordination
JS –Skills, DDU-GKY
III Floor, Thapar house, 124 Janpath
New Delhi, INDIA. Or to any other person assigned by the Ministry.
Type of Job: Contractual (contract basis extendable from time to time based on performance assessment)
Location: New Delhi (may involve travel to other offices in States as required)
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: MBA/PG In HR preferably with exposure to Skill development.
- Experience in dealing with Training Organizations, NSDC and Sector Skill Councils would be an added advantage
- Strong HR background with hands on experience in implementation of Performance Management System
- Experience of identification of Training needs of staff post-Performance.
- Review and dealing with Training Agencies for organizing Training
- Experience in providing HR Support to staff
- Experience in handling various activities HRM
- Minimum Experience of 15 years preferably with some experience related to skill development, SSC Related Work or Rural Development programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-driven, self-motivated with an entrepreneurial ability to drive quality across the ecosystem.
- Ability to work independently with lean resources.
- Ability to network and co-opt collaboration from diverse stakeholders who are part of the DDU-GKY eco system.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Unimpeachable integrity and strong work ethics and personal commitment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High level of numeracy and high level proficiency in software application like Word/ Excel and PowerPoint.
- Gender sensitivity
- Ability to understand and consistently apply organizational policies and procedures in work
- Willingness to travel.
Roles and Responsibilities: The Head – Assessment and Certifications, Training & HR coordination, shall perform the following services and will be responsible for all aspects as described below. The services shall include the following:
- Keep abreast of developments in the vocational education and training (VET) and Skills landscape for implementation in DDUGKY.
- Coordinate extensively with SSC and NCVT, for effective timely certification DDU GKY Trainees and resolve issues in certification for the training partners of DDU-GKY.
- S/He should work closely with certifying bodies to improve the quality and relevance of formative and summative assessments especially keeping in view the circumstances of the target group under DDU-GKY.
- Resolve issues of PIAs and States on assessment and certification
- Ensure timely assessment/ certification, areas of concern and areas of improvement along with systemic redressal of the same.
- Develop and undertake training of stakeholders on quality assurance systems.
- Support implementation of Cluster Plan for Standards and Quality Assurance
- Collate and manage data regarding updated QPs and MES courses
- Support for setting Quality and Standards for the PIAs in co-ordination with SSCs
Training and HR Coordination:
- Capacity Building/ Knowledge Management of Staff through outsourced Training Agencies
- Assess Training needs of the organization.
- Develop training plans to address training requirements.
- Identify and develop Training partners and contribute to effectively plan and execute training programs.
Be responsible for:
- Manpower planning and recruitment of resources.
- Managing payment of salary / professional fee through various channels.
- On boarding the new members.
- Managing exit processes for the separating members.
- Helpdesk for lifecycle issues.
- Authorise employee handbook and P&Ps.
- Plan and deliver capability development for team members.
- Support in educating States and PIAs on the defined QA standards.
- Support regular review and monitoring of all Cluster Action Plans
- Receipts and File Management for HR and Standards and QA Cluster.
- Any other task assigned from time to time.
Remuneration: Minimum 1,20,000/- per month plus travel related reimbursable as per NRLPS norms.
Application Process: Interested candidates should send their applications in prescribed format ( application form ) to email@example.com
Last date to apply: 17 July 2017, 1700 hours (05:00 PM)
Note: Please note that the applications not furnished in the prescribed format are liable to be rejected.
The Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India, is implementing a placement linked skill development program called the DDU-GKY – Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (erstwhile known as the Aajeevika Skills Program). The vision of DDU-GKY is “Transforming Rural Poor Youth into Economically Independent and Globally Relevant Workforce”.
DDU-GKY aims to achieve this vision with an inclusive agenda, standards-led delivery focused on industry requirements and its outreach that makes skills acquisition aspirational amongst the rural poor, thereby helping to create an empowered and productive workforce.
DDU-GKY is unique in its focus and approach to skilling. It is the only national level program that is fully focused on youth from poor rural families to ensure that the majority of the potential demographic dividend which resides in the villages of the country are equipped with skills to participate in economic growth of the country. In its design and mandate DDU-GKY gives priority to disadvantaged groups such as the SC/ ST/ women/ minorities and people with disability (PWD), victims of human trafficking and particularly vulnerable tribal groups (PVTGs) and other such vulnerable groups.
DDU-GKY has many “firsts” to its credit. It is the first program to launch “Roshni” which is a placement linked skill training program aimed at rural youth in left-wing extremist (LWE) districts of the country. Similarly, DDU-GKY is a pioneer in launching “Himayat” aimed at providing skills and employment to the youth of Jammu and Kashmir. Both of these programs have been highly appreciated by all stakeholders and have now become the norm for providing productive alternatives in conflict areas. DDU-GKY also has been pioneer in setting the very first standards for infrastructure and processes for skill delivery in the country, supported by a quality framework that puts self-regulation at the heart of its quality policy. In its objective to benchmark skills to global standards, DDU-GKY has also been the first mover to introduce information technology supported by tablets for every trainee, soft-skills and English language delivery.
DDU-GKY is implemented through a 3 tier structure with MORD at the apex as the policy making, facilitation and coordination agency; the State Skill Missions (SSMs) / State Rural Livelihood Missions (SRLMs) as the state level nodal implementation support agencies and external organizations (Corporates, Societies, NGOs, Private Skill Training providers) as Project Implementation Agencies (PIAs) who serve as the skill and placement providers under the program. The DDU-GKY envisages a central role for SSMs/SRLMs in driving program delivery, its quality and outcomes. The DDU-GKY guidelines provide additional information on the program. The guidelines can be accessed under the resource section of DDU-GKY website at http://www.ddugky.gov.in.
One of the critical focus area for DDU-GKY is to establish and ensure quality across the value commencing from Training partners accreditation, quality assurance of the training, rating and grading of training partners, assessment and certification.