John Snow India Private Limited (JSIPL) looking for the post of Learning and Capacity Building Specialist
Organization: John Snow India Private Limited (JSIPL)
Company/ Devision: JSI India / Rapid Immunization Skill Enhancement (RISE) project
Position: Learning and Capacity Building Specialist
Reporting to: Technical Director – Immunization
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: Graduate (preferably Masters) in Education, Adult Learning, Instructional Design, Business Administration or a related field.
Experience: 8-10 year’s relevant experience in the area of Instructional Design, Learning & Development, Training Development/ Facilitation and/ or similar role, in any industry, preferably in a corporate setting.
Skills and Competencies:
- Familiarity with Public Health issues is desirable but not mandatory.
- Knowledge and experience of developing learning modules based on state of the art adult learning theories and with use of diverse training mediums and methodologies.
- Adequate knowledge and experience of working on learning management systems and web delivery tools.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Audit and governance capabilities to track needle movement and adherence to training coverage targets
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- Experience with e-learning platforms and the ability to work with e-learning training partners to develop best training options
- Excellent presentation skills to be able to advocate new training methods and get approvals from stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with different teams across the organization.
- Ability to explore and select suitable training partners and other vendors / partners.
Project Overview: Under the GAVI Health System Strengthening Phase 2 Grant for India, JSI has been awarded a project called Rapid Immunization Skill Enhancement (RISE). The objective of RISE is to develop a constructive, interactive, continuous and an adaptable knowledge building system for program managers, medical officers, health workers and mobilisers regarding the guidelines and updates in the Universal Immunization Program. The RISE package will be developed with a capacity-building framework in mind to cater to different levels of health personnel vis-a-vis program managers, medical officers, health workers and mobilisers. The key feature of this framework is an integrated approach, which allows each level to complement each other as well as generate actions for the others.
Job Description: The Learning and Capacity Building Specialist will design, develop, and facilitate innovative and effective learning methodologies for the capacity building of program managers, medical officers, health workers and mobilisers related to the Government of India’s Universal Immunization Program. Based on the needs analysis, the Specialist will identify client needs and accordingly design, develop, and deliver appropriate learning methodologies and solutions possibly in collaboration with multimedia developers to translate learning requirements into effective computer-mediated, blended, and classroom-based programs. Overall, s/he will support the development and implementation of the RISE package in 5 states.
The ideal candidate will have experience with various training methodologies and contemporary adult learning techniques, including classroom training, on-the-job coaching, mentorship programs, e-learning, gamification etc. Experience with different projects including working on soft-skills development is also desirable. We are looking for a person who is well versed with innovative, modern and diverse capacity building techniques.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the findings of training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Develop a learning and development plan based on training need assessment findings of different States where RISE project will be implemented.
- Design and develop training programs in collaboration with content designers and e-learning partners.
- Be forward thinking when designing or redesigning instructional learning programs; ensuring that they incorporate adult learning principles/theory, instructional design theory and related strategies.
- Utilize a mix of training mediums including but not limited to online, face-to-face, and blended learning environments, and create products for course management systems.
- Develop training modules with appropriate training methodologies like simulations, role plays, demos, mentoring, on-the-job training, professional development classes, gamification etc.
- Identify metrics and indicators to evaluate the success and value of developed solutions.
- Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on skills and knowledge, attitudes and practice (KAP) of the trainees
- Focus on continual improvement, innovation and ultimately end-user usage and engagement.
- Provide out of box thinking and innovative ideas beyond the current conventional training of health personnel by keeping track of industry developments and innovations
- Maintain all training related data and timely updating of the same and sharing of such information as required.
- Work with the Applied Technology Advisor, who will be the main point of contact for all technology-based interventions
Application Process: Interested and eligible candidates should send their updated CV (in PDF format) to the following email id – firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the title of the position “Learning and Capacity Building Specialist” in the subject line. Only candidates based in Delhi or willing to relocate to Delhi for the position may apply.
Last date to apply: 19 April 2018
Note: JSI India subscribes to a policy of equal opportunity. Applicants for employment will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, caste, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.
John Snow India Private Limited (JSIPL) is a subsidiary of John Snow, Inc. (JSI), a health care consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities in the U.S. and around the world. JSI’s mission is to improve the health of underserved people and communities and to provide a place where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause. For 35 years, Boston-based JSI and its affiliates have provided high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 106 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices, with more than 500 U.S.-based professionals and 1,600 host country staff. In India, JSIPL implements and manages several public health projects in the areas of maternal, child and newborn health; supply chain logistics; immunization; urban health and HIV.