Kotak Education Foundation recruiting for Manager Operations for livelihood project – Kotak Unnati
Organization: Kotak Education Foundation (KEF)
Position: Manager Operations – Kotak Unnati (Livelihood Project)
Location: Deonar, Mumbai
Work location: Head office and travel to Kotak Unnati centres in Western, central, harbour lines and Navi Mumbai.
Nature of job: Full time, 8 hours (6 days working)
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: Graduate – Post Graduate/MBA
Experience: 5-8 yrs in managing operations of training centres and preferably in youth development programs
- Experienced in managing training courses and centres.
- Exposure in managing processes related people, data, logistics, vendors and controlling end to end operations.
- Good in networking, planning, resourceful, strategic thinking, analytic.
- Excellent spoken English skills
- Willingness to work in the field among poor communities on a regular basis, preferably without any medical history that has dietary or travel restrictions;
- Ability to communicate proficiently in Hindi and Marathi and a readiness to work out of hours.
- Computer Savvy, ability to connect with youth (students) & team.
Job Overview: The position is for Manager Operations – Kotak Unnati (Livelihood Project), Managing all operational issues related the intervention and working closely with the PH in implementation of the program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Centre Management:
- Finalise potential areas, assist in planning & surveying, study feasibility report and give final recommendation,
- Engage with partners finalise location and MOU• Team Building & Mobilisation
- Infrastructure planning needed for the centre
- Tieups with major NGOs
- Maintain relationships
- Accurate tracking and MIS of mobilisation data
- Run Survey
- Build strategy based on past performance
- Batch commencement:
- Readiness of Infrastructure
- Readiness of staffing
- Facilitation & Training:
- Class observation (documentation/analyse/feedback)
- Assigning domains
- Curriculum completion
- Guest lectures
- Field visits
- Classroom management
- Aspirant counselling
- Admin & Reporting:
- Monthly MIS to PH
- Quarterly report to Sponsor/Partners
- Handling any escalations
- Review with Cluster Coordinator
- Tieups with major Corporates, maintain relationships,
- Reporting MIS,
- Progress Reporting
- Coordination with corporate team
- Post Placement:
- Scheduling Staff meetings for healthy discussions,
- Providing platform to enhance performance,
- Arranging technical training,
- Liaising with HR for nontechnical, staff training
- 2nd line of grievance handling
Application Process: Interested and eligibile candidates who want to join KEF, should send their updated CV to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date to apply: 22 November 2017
Note: We expect the incumbent to be in the age band of 30-45 with high levels of energy and passion. Mumbai resident candidates will only be preferred.
Kotak Education Foundation (KEF) is an NGO operating in the space of Education and Livelihood since 2007. Its primary focus is to help poor children and youth to be empowered through education and livelihood respectively, such that their family will rise out of poverty and they can live a life of dignity. It runs numerous projects having Student Interventions (Spoken English teaching, Health, Scholarship, Mentoring), Teacher Intervention (Training school teachers), School Leadership Intervention (Helping build Principals as School Leaders), Parent Intervention (Counselling parents to support child development) and Vocational Training to youth at 8 centres in Mumbai / Thane. Most of the interventions are conducted through partnership with 28 schools which cater to underprivileged children. KEF has support functions in the form of Finance, HR, IT, Admin and Research.
KEF is planning a growth of 100% in its scale in the next 2 years, with totally about 35+ schools to be partnered with and 15+ vocational training centres. KEF’s presence is and will continue in Mumbai and to some extent in neighboring districts (Thane and Raigad).