National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) invites applications for the post of Research Associate
Organization: National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) for NSRD
Position: Research Associate
Reporting to: Director General, NSDA
No. of Vacancies: 01
Tenure: The initial term of engagement shall be for one year and subsequent extension(s), if any, shall be considered on case to case basis depending upon the requirement, work performance and quality output of the candidate(s).
Location: New Delhi
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: Post Graduate (in statistics, Econometrics/ Economics or related subject) from a reputed university
Experience: Minimum 5 years post qualification
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in conceptualizing and developing proactive prospecting methodologies using such tools as constituent list segmentation, data mining, and electronic and peer screenings
- Ability to manage large amount of data
- Understanding of research frameworks and its applicability in vocational education system
- Have an understanding of tracer studies
- Demonstrated skills in networking and leveraging relationships across a range of stakeholders including donors, governments, experts and partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally on short notice both nationally and internationally
- Domain expertise and in-depth knowledge of social sector issues in India with specific focus on skill development
- Good understanding of research framework and data analysis
- Strong listening, communication, and collaboration skills. He/ she should be comfortable working independently and have experience designing effective work-flow management policies
- Ability to think strategically, delegate responsibility, listen carefully, build consensus and communicate and advocate effectively
- Familiarity with at least one statistical package (SPSS/SAS)
- To promote and facilitate research in collaborative and interdisciplinary areas related to the goals of the organization
- To undertake monitoring and evaluation activity for different programmes in skill development
- To conduct and facilitate tracer studies
- To manage and analyse data for various projections
- To apply statistical tools for developing various research methodology as per the requirement of the study
Remuneration: Selected candidates will be paid a fixed/ consolidated remuneration /fee of INR 60,000 per month
Application Process: Interested candidates may send their curriculum vitae (CV) in the enclosed format (Application Format) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and a hardcopy may be sent to below address, super scribing the envelope as Application for Research Staff (Name of position).
The Director General
National Skill Development Agency
B-2 Pusa Road
Last date to apply: 18 July 2017, 1700 hours (05:00 PM)
— Leave: Each candidate will be engaged on contractual basis and shall be granted 8 days casual leave in a calendar year. If he/she works for less than a year, leave eligibility up to 8 days or less will be worked out on pro-rata basis in that year. No other kind of leave shall be granted to them.
— The engagement of selected candidates is on full time basis and they shall not be permitted to take up any other assignment during the period of their engagement with the NSRD.
The National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) was notified through a gazette notification dated 06.06.2013. NSDA is an autonomous body of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, which is mandated to coordinate and harmonize the skill development efforts of the government and the private sector to achieve the skilling targets of the 12th Plan and endeavour to bridge the social, regional, gender and economic divide.
Functions of NSDA include the below:
- Operationalise and implement National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF).
- Establish and operationalise Quality Assurance framework embedded in NSQF to improve consistency of outcomes in the skills landscape, which will include laying down a framework for accreditation protocols of training providers, auditors, assessment and certification in the country.
- Operationalize National Skills Qualification Committee (NSQC) to meet its objectives.
- Design and implement the National Labour Market Information System.
- Promote use of ‘Skill India’ logo on skill certificates by SSCs/Agencies adhering to the QA framework.
- Anchor Prime Minister’s Skill Development Fellow Programme.
- National Skill Research Division would also be set up under the NSDA to serve as the apex division for providing technical and research support to the National Skill Development Mission.
Hiring of Research Staff for NSRD
NSDA intends to engage interested candidates to work in National Skill Research Division (NSRD) under National Skill Development Agency (NSDA). The selected candidates would report to the Director General, NSDA, and deliver on the assignments allocated as per their work distribution.
The National Skill India Mission announced the establishment of National Skill Research Division under the aegis of National Skill Development Agency to serve as a think tank for inputs on research and evolve as a credible research organization in the field of skill development at the national level. The NSRD envisions becoming an authentic, qualitative and accessible think tank for skill development related research in India.