National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) invites applications for the post of Team Lead at NSRD
Organization: National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) for NSRD
Position: Team Lead
Reporting to: Director General, NSDA
No. of Vacancies: 02
Tenure: The initial term of engagement shall be for one year and subsequent extension(s), if any, shall be considered on case to case basis depending upon the requirement, work performance and quality output of the candidate(s).
Location: New Delhi
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: Post Graduate in social sciences or policy research from reputed university
Desirable: Ph.D (preferably in social sciences or policy research) from reputed university with adequate post qualification experience in the field of skill development/vocational studies.
Experience: Post qualification experience of minimum 08-10 years in social sciences or policy research or in the field of skill development /vocational studies
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research including design
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation frameworks and practices
- Knowledge of labour market system and familiarity with research tools and methodology
- Familiarity of working with various organizations and industries on skill development
- Familiarity with at least one statistical package (SPSS/SAS)
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally on short notice both nationally and internationally
- Domain expertise and in-depth knowledge of social sector issues in India with specific focus on skill development
- Knowledge and ability to implement principles of management, leadership, conflict resolution, negotiation and motivation
- Strong listening, communication and collaboration skills. He/ she should be comfortable working independently and have experience designing effective work-flow management policies
- Ability to think strategically, delegate responsibility, listen carefully, build consensus and communicate and advocate effectively
- To implement facilitate and conduct research studies in coordination with different stakeholders
- To plan design and formulate research projects in VET field
- To undertake policy related research
- To analyse primary and secondary data of the research projects using statistical tools and packages such as SPSS,SASS and STRATA etc
- To have strong networking and liaising abilities with UN bodies, Multilateral agencies, and state and central government agencies
- To design and execute surveys on skill needs and gaps
- To prepare research proposals and reports
- To work towards strengthening the institutional capacity of NSRD
- To be able to lead a team of minimum of 3-5 people and build a motivated project team for efficient delivery of project targets
Remuneration: Selected candidates will be paid a fixed/ consolidated remuneration /fee of INR 1,20,000 per month
Application Process: Interested candidates may send their curriculum vitae (CV) in the enclosed format (Application Format) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and a hardcopy may be sent to below address, super scribing the envelope as Application for Research Staff (Name of position).
The Director General
National Skill Development Agency
B-2 Pusa Road
Last date to apply: 18 July 2017, 1700 hours (05:00 PM)
— Leave: Each candidate will be engaged on contractual basis and shall be granted 8 days casual leave in a calendar year. If he/she works for less than a year, leave eligibility up to 8 days or less will be worked out on pro-rata basis in that year. No other kind of leave shall be granted to them.
— The engagement of selected candidates is on full time basis and they shall not be permitted to take up any other assignment during the period of their engagement with the NSRD.
The National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) was notified through a gazette notification dated 06.06.2013. NSDA is an autonomous body of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, which is mandated to coordinate and harmonize the skill development efforts of the government and the private sector to achieve the skilling targets of the 12th Plan and endeavour to bridge the social, regional, gender and economic divide.
Functions of NSDA include the below:
- Operationalise and implement National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF).
- Establish and operationalise Quality Assurance framework embedded in NSQF to improve consistency of outcomes in the skills landscape, which will include laying down a framework for accreditation protocols of training providers, auditors, assessment and certification in the country.
- Operationalize National Skills Qualification Committee (NSQC) to meet its objectives.
- Design and implement the National Labour Market Information System.
- Promote use of ‘Skill India’ logo on skill certificates by SSCs/Agencies adhering to the QA framework.
- Anchor Prime Minister’s Skill Development Fellow Programme.
- National Skill Research Division would also be set up under the NSDA to serve as the apex division for providing technical and research support to the National Skill Development Mission.
Hiring of Research Staff for NSRD
NSDA intends to engage interested candidates to work in National Skill Research Division (NSRD) under National Skill Development Agency (NSDA). The selected candidates would report to the Director General, NSDA, and deliver on the assignments allocated as per their work distribution. The post is on consultancy basis for National Skill Research Division (NSRD) under NSDA.
The National Skill India Mission announced the establishment of National Skill Research Division under the aegis of National Skill Development Agency to serve as a think tank for inputs on research and evolve as a credible research organization in the field of skill development at the national level. The NSRD envisions becoming an authentic, qualitative and accessible think tank for skill development related research in India.