Queensland Skills and Education Consortium looking for Dietician and Diabetes Educator Trainer
Organization: Queensland Skills & Education Consortium (QSEC)
Position: Dietician and Diabetes Educator Trainer
Reporting to: Head of Training
No. of Vacancies: 01
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Science/Nutrition
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience as a Dietician, Assistant Dietician or Diabetes Counselor
– Presentation and communication skills,
– Patient care skills,
– Strong understand of modern dieting principles,
– English & Kannada language skills,
– Record keeping,
– Counselling and mentoring skills,
– Attention to detail.
Job Overview: The Dietician and Diabetes Educator Trainer is responsible primarily for the delivery of live training and development of students in the Bangalore based Queensland Skills Consortium.
Using their industry experience, they will deliver specialist Dietician and Diabetes Educator training with real life examples from their working background. They will provide counselling; motivation and coaching for potential students prior the course start date, and continue to provide student support throughout the course.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Training: Ensure students reach competency within the nominated timeframe:
- Deliver training using session plans according to QSEC training delivery models.
- Review and monitor training programs and provide inputs on program improvements.
- Develop support strategies to facilitate the implementation of programs and encourage retention of students and their completion of course objectives.
- Provide support and counselling guidance to students before, during and after the course.
- Assessment: Review student’s performance and take necessary action to ensure agreed objectives are met within the required timeframe:
- Assess participants using the appropriate assessment tools provided.
- Make assessment decisions according to the set criteria.
- Provide support to students to facilitate competency according to set program standards.
- Manage assessment case load ensuring assessments are conducted at appropriate times.
- Administration: Ensure administrative processes are completed to the required standard:
- Comply with QSEC guidelines and procedures at all times in a timely and accurate manner.
- Meet government requirements for reporting of student data for programs.
- Use of IT systems as directed and in accordance with QSEC procedures.
- Industry Engagement: Promote and maintain strong relationships with industry and other stakeholders by:
- Taking ownership of the training outcomes by developing and implementing strategies to encourage timely successful completion.
- Maintain Industry Currency through participation in a minimum of 15 days per annum release to Industry as approved by the Head of Operations.
- Co-ordinate Industry participation in programs through arranging guest speakers, mock interviews and Industry placement /Internships.
- Maintain industry networks in the local areas and liaise with Dietician and Diabetes Educator Companies to enable placement and support to students.
- Business Development
- Promoting QSEC and mobilizing students prior to batch commencement.
- Promote business from Industry clients by building strong positive relationships and identifying business opportunities to refer back to Marketing.
- Liaison with relevant Government Officials (such as the Program Manager for your Industry Group and College) and regular contact on required reporting requirements and operational duties
- Maintain regular contact with QSEC by checking and replying to emails and all messages each working day.
- Participate in internal audits as directed.
- Attend organized meetings as requested.
Remuneration: Not disclosed by employer
Application Process: Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
Last date to apply: 14 July 2017
Note: Shortlisted applications will need to participate in phone screening and face to face interview before a job offer will be made.
The Queensland Skills & Education Consortium (QSEC) is a group of high performing Registered Training Organizations (RTOs) from Queensland, Australia.
The Consortium was established to deliver a wide range of high quality programs that impact positively on the lives of job seekers in India. The primary focus of the Consortium is to deliver industry relevant skills programs that lead to employment.
Some QSEC projects are co-funded with the support of the Queensland Government’s International Education and Training Partnership Fund, managed by the International Education and Training Unit (IETU) within in Trade and Investment Queensland.