Self-Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) looking for Co-ordinator – Skills
Organization: Self-Employed Women’s Association (SEWA)
Position: Co-ordinator – Skills
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: A degree in development related field, education, economics, social work, etc.
Experience: 3-7 years of implementation experience in working with development projects in an NGO or corporate CSR.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the issues on the ground
- Demonstrated ability to work with Government agencies, International gencies, CSR and other funders.
- Ability to analyse situations and to write clearly.
Job Overview: Women’s employment is declining in India and young girls who acquire an education generally find themselves unemployed. One of the reasons for this is the lack of appropriate skills among girls and women. SEWA Bharat has many years of grass-roots experience in imparting skills ranging from technical skills such as agriculture, garmenting and ICT to entrepneurship developmenta and career counselling.
Today with Skills being an important national direction, it is imperative to link up the macro opportunities with the grass-roots experiences in order to scale up skills and employment for girls and women. The Skills Co-ordinator will be expected to:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understand the work of SEWA in promotion of skills and the constraints faced by girls and women in entereing the employment market
- Explore the macro-opportunities available to replicate and scale-up SEWA’s work in the area of skills and entrepreneurship.
- Write projects and explore funding opportunities for this scale up.
- Be basd in Delhi but be ready to travel within India.
Remuneration: As per qualification and experience/negotiable
Application Process: Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last date to apply: 10 August 2017
Note: SEWA Bharat is women based organization and we encourage women candidate to apply
About Self-Employed Women’s Association (SEWA):
The Self-Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) is a women’s trade union that was started in Gujarat in 1972 by Smt. Elaben Bhatt, with the aim of organising women in the informal sector. SEWA Bharat (www.sewabharat.org) is the All India Federation of Self-Employed Women’s Associations that works with women workers in the informal sector in 9 states.