STIR Education looking for Program Manager
Organization: STIR Education
Position: Program Manager
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Educational Qualification: Graduate
Experience: At least 4 years of experience with at least 2 years in grassroots education, a strong demonstrated interest in the education sector either through their work or as a volunteer and clear leadership and management experience. Candidates with even 2 years of relevant and exceptional experience are encouraged to apply.
- Alignment to STIR Values
- Good communication skills -both English and Hindi
- Problem solving and multi-tasking
- Experience in dealing with large scale of stakeholders specially government officials
- MS Office proficient
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strong Program Implementation & Quality Check across the assigned district:
- Support in setting up meetings with potential expansion and drive prog quality in assigned districts.
- Drive overall program aligned with the programmes goals and track progress on regular basis.
- Ensure all the quality measures are being taken for effective delivery of the programme on ground.
- Drive orientation meetings, boot camp and institutes and enable to district core teams to run the institutes, network meetings and other events with desired quality
- Make sure that a learning focus is created in each school across the operational area.
- Ensure learning from different programmes of Government & NGO are incorporated in programme operation and delivery.
- Prepare document/report as per the programme requirement
- Adequate organisational skill and ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines
- Define and embed different quality control parameter in collaboration with different stakeholders across the district
- Any other task as assigned by the line manager
- Team Management & effective team building:
- Ready work with large, small and cross-functional teams in participatory and consensus oriented environment.
- Ready to lead the programme operation at the district level with the help of 20 to 30 numbers of government officials directly as a team and by creating a participatory and consensus oriented environment
- Ready to make 10 to 15 days field visits in a month to carry out field level intervention and support the team of government officials to develop clear implementation strategies and run the model effectively on ground
- Build capacity of each of the team member through regular coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrated leadership skill (self-initiative, self-motivation) and innovative thinking
- Building strong relationship with district officials and lead policy level groups:
- Build relationship by establishing regular communication channels with different district officials in a routine interval.
- Ensure genuine partnership with government and finding bright spots at different levels
- Engage officials in different levels of operational planning and programme design.
- Overall execute a district specific communication package to create a sense of ownership among different stakeholders
- Data Management, learning and support in bigger learning questions:
- Share key data, stories and feedback with Insight & Impact team about the programme implementation at the ground.
- Build a data based impact driven culture across the district.
Remuneration: not disclosed by employer
Application Process: Interested people can apply by answering below questions and sending their applications to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Question: Why are you interested in this position and how your experience makes you a suitable candidate for this position?
Last date to apply: 31 July 2017
Note: STIR Education is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, economic status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
About STIR Education:
Founded in 2012, STIR Education is a fast-growing international education NGO, headquartered in London and operating in India and Uganda.
STIR’s core mission is to partner with governments to ignite and sustain teacher intrinsic motivation (TIM). We do this in order to improve classroom practice and student learning and in the process, boost financial efficiency for education systems. In its fifth year of operations STIR is working with 27,000 teachers and 1.1 million children. It has been recently challenged by the Indian government to grow to 60 million children over the coming years and this marks a new chapter in our organisation development and growth. STIR is also in a national partnership with the government of Uganda and is looking to achieve national scale over the coming years.
There are now effectively two delivery approaches of the organization ‘Government/STIR Co-Led Lab’ and ‘System-Led-Delivery’ (with STIR support). In the state of Delhi, we are going with the “System-Led Delivery approach” which takes us deeply into the realm of strengthening the system and builds on STIR’s core competencies around convening, influencing and coaching staff in government systems. In this approach, every teacher and child is directly served in the system, rather than relying initially on a subset of more motivated teachers and relying on them to influence others; this builds on deep learning from our recent rigorous evaluations. The approach is officially structured into the formal teacher support system and aligned with wider system improvement priorities. In the process of change following behaviour and mindset change is targeted for different levels of the system. In this way, all levels of the system are supported to develop certain key professional behaviours and mindsets that comprise intrinsic motivation.
- We are a lean, energetic organisation that is guided by our vision of a world where every child has a motivated professional as a teacher, whom they trust, respect and value.
- And we always strive to work in accordance with our values: We don’t have all the answers upfront.
Instead, we empower people: with high expectations and support, we’ll find the answers together. We’ll continually listen, reflect, learn and improve – and lead through whatever obstacles come our way.
- We’re united by a shared belief, passion and vision – which we’ll build, achieve and grow together.