Tata Trusts inviting applications for the post of Programme Officer – Training and Capacity Building
Organization: Tata Trusts
Position: Programme Officer – Training and Capacity Building
No. of Vacancies: 01
Nature of Employment: Consultancy Contract
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Management/ Development/ Social Sciences;
- The ideal candidate would be well aware of the diversified training and capacity building approaches in WASH/ Health/ Social Development sectors;
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in relevant areas;
- Should have direct experience of handling technical aspects of training and capacity building interventions at state/ national level; demonstrated capabilities of leadership and institutional development experience;
- Ability to innovate future strategies and deliver, in a challenging environment;
- Should have a good command of spoken and written English; and possess excellent computer skills, interpersonal, analytical and writing skills and ability to work as a member of a team.
Job Overview: The Capacity Building Expert will be accountable for development of capacity development plan at national & regional level trainings for various stakeholders involved in various levels. Core role of the candidate is to spearhead the development capacity building strategy for the Tata Water Mission and develop a road map for strengthening administrative and management capabilities for effective implementation of the project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify specific capacity building requirements and define the skills needed for the different participating stakeholders within WASH sector
- Developing and implementing a short/ medium and long term training and a strategic capacity development plan for various stakeholders at national/ state/ district / community level
- Take a lead in the design, planning and implementation of other capacity building activities, such as study tours, peer-to-peer visits and participation in workshops and conferences
- Develop and budget capacity building workshops for participating stakeholders, design capacity building modules and training plans
- Providing training and otherwise build the capacity of local implementing partners and local sector players to improve the effectiveness of performance management and project and activity WASH plans utilizing best practices
- Coordinate with resource persons, training institutions for sourcing of subject matter specialist for various approaches of WASH
- To undertake structured evaluation of training and capacity building activities and feed into programme design
- Supervise direct reports with particular focus on their key tasks and the quality of project deliverables.
Remuneration: Not disclosed by employer
Application Process: Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date to apply: 04 September 2017
About Tata Trusts:
The Tata Trusts are India’s leading philanthropic organization and have played a pioneering role in transforming traditional ideas of charity to philanthropy that makes a real difference to communities. Through grant-making, direct implementation and collaborative partnerships, the Trusts are driving impact in areas including arts, crafts and culture; natural resources management; education; healthcare and nutrition; rural livelihoods. Spread over 17 states and 170 districts across the country, programmes supported by the Trusts reach out to millions of households through an efficient network of 450 plus partner organizations.
Initiative: Tata Trusts have been committed towards the goal of improving the quality of human life. Providing potable water and promoting sanitation in order to enhance the health of rural communities form an integral part of the Trusts development focus. The Trusts have supported water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) projects in various Indian states. With a view to consolidate water and sanitation field projects and to scale up the interventions in the sector, it is proposed to integrate all the existing and future projects under one umbrella initiative – ‘Tata Water Mission’ (TWM). The mission is envisioned to create healthy future for millions of people through provision of safe, assured & adequate drinking water, improved sanitation and hygiene facilities to rural communities. The mission advocates decentralized, demand-responsive & community-managed approach to achieve the goal. Further the mission is aimed at promoting innovative technological and economic sustainable solutions.