Haryana State Rural Livelihoods Mission (HSRLM) intends to invite Expression of Interest (EOI) from eligible agencies to partner as Captive Employers under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDUGKY).
Background: To encourage the participation of Industry and tailor made the candidates as per the industry requirement, DDU-GKY is facilitating Captive Employment model of skilling. The model will allow
industry to source trainees as per their requirement with active support from states and train them as per the requirement of their own organizational/industry/subsidiaries/operational need and provide candidates assured placement. The model allows the employer to select the rural youth, skill and deploy them in one of its establishment/subsidiaries.
- Salient Features of Captive Employers
- Training courses may be implemented by the Industry/Employer as per the requirement of the industry to train the candidate with minimum 576 hours of skilling and maximum 2304 hours of skilling for which DDU-GKY Funding shall be made available. The courses selected by the industry mandatorily be NSQF aligned.
- Captive Employment to be provided for the minimum period of 6 months’ post completion of training preferably in the trained job role or any higher-level job role.
- The payment to the employer/industry shall be in reimbursement form. The Captive employers shall be paid in three instalments as defined in the Payout Model section of Captive Employment guidelines.
- Mandatory external assessment of trainees needs to be conducted.
- Performance Guarantee is not required to be submitted by Captive Employers
- Advantage of Captive Employers under DDU-GKY
- The Captive Employer can provide the training to rural youth in their own premises, however it is mandated to have the required set-up for the opted job role as per National Skill Qualification Framework and branding of DDU-GKY.
- Captive Employer MoU with MoRD shall be for a period of three years.
- Captive Employers shall get topmost priority in target allocation by State.
- Captive Employers will have waiver of QA Process, QA Fees, Due Diligence of Training center and other mandates of DDU-GKY SoP. However, regular checks of training conducted may be done during the training period.
- Performance Guarantee will not be applicable for Captive Employers
Key Expectations from Captive Employers
The ‘Captive Employer’ is expected to provide sustainable employment of high quality at scale to minimum of 500 candidates in three years, with focus on co-branding, commitment to decent work norms, retention, and career progression. This must be enabled through a model providing high levels of co-branding in all processes, activities and outcomes thus setting a benchmark for training quality, training material including use of technology and training delivery, and through an upskilling path through multiple training levels allowing a trainee to progressively achieve higher levels of skills & certification over a period starting from a novice level. All the organizations fulfilling the eligibility criteria or with direct relevance to the sector will be provided preference. Critically, every Captive Employer is required to commit and adhere to the following deliverables:
- Training infrastructure as per the requirement of Job Role
- Willingness to provide basic training as per the NSQF aligned course
- Commitment to provide assessment and certification from Govt. recognized awarding body
- Commitment to train and place minimum 500 candidates in the period of 3 years
- Minimum placement commitment of 70% of training target for the minimum period of six months
- All the placement of trained candidates needs to be in ‘Captive Employment’ or subsidiary companies / sister concerns
- Minimum Wage Commitment
- Minimum CTC of Rs. 10000/- per month or minimum wages of Haryana State which is higher for the training courses less than six months
- Minimum CTC of Rs. 12,000/- per month or minimum wages of Haryana State which is higher for the training courses more than six months
- Co-Branding as per DDU GKY Guidelines
Last Date for Submission: 12 February 2024; 15:30 hours IST