The Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Shilpa Nagar (BSMSN) Development Project under Bangladesh Private Investment & Digital Entrepreneurship Project (P170688) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Shilpa Nagar (BSMSN) Development Project under Bangladesh Private Investment & Digital Entrepreneurship Project (P170688) now invites eligible “Consultants” to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: educational qualification, experience (general & specific) and knowledge of relevant activity, hands on experience in the activity.
CONSULTING SERVICES Individual Consultant Selection (Open; National) COUNTRY: Bangladesh
NAME OF PROJECT: Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Shilpa Nagar (BSMSN) Development Project under Bangladesh Private Investment & Digital Entrepreneurship Project (P170688)
Credit No: IDA-6676 BD
Assignment Title: Selection of Skills Development Consultant (1 No.)
Reference No.: IC-20A-BSMSN-BEZA
Scope of Services
- Supporting the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in establishing a skills development capability, which serves all EZ tenants within PRIDE including those in both public and private Economic Zones.
- Provide necessary expertise to inform program design and implementation of the skills development. Support decision-making within BEZA by understanding gateways and process, ensuring that decision points are appropriately supported with information, and by providing ad hoc advice to the PIU and the broader BEZA management team.
- Managing the process of selection and engagement of the ESA Operator and other Skills Development initiatives under PRIDE.
- Day-to-day management of the contractual relationship between BEZA and the ESA Operator and other Skills Development initiatives under PRIDE.
- Supporting the establishment of the Advisory Group for the ESA, by gaining agreement on the group’s Terms of Reference and by supporting the activities of the governance group.
- Attending governance group meetings and assuring due process and communication.
- Establishing the proper reporting mechanisms regarding ESA performance and other Skills Development initiatives under PRIDE and initiate and manage any necessary BEZA action.
- Maintain a relentless focus on PRIDE Project objectives and metrics.
- Carry out appraisals of the performance of the skills development initiatives and make recommendations for change where necessary.
- Act as a programme assurance and quality backstop for PRIDE, regarding elements related to all Skills Development initiatives under PRIDE.
- Promoting the Skills Development component of PRIDE within the other workstreams of PRIDE and BEZA’s wider team.
- A minimum Bachelor Degree, preferably in a field related to Human Resource Development or Education and Training or similar field.
- At least ten years experience in relevant field with at least five years experience in Project Management in Managerial roles.
- Experience in a Human Resource Development or vocational education role or similar roles preferably with a substantial private sector human resource development element will be given preference.
- Project Management certification will be given preference.
- Track record in program coordination and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating stakeholders and supporting partnerships across public and private sector.
- Proficiency in English and excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to present complex information for a variety of audiences.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software
- Computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office) and digital skills (e.g. learning management software) to be able to collaborate in digital spaces, including the use of online collaboration platforms and mobile apps, shared files, virtual meetings.
- The consultant will have capability to carry out the assignment in terms of overall suitability, training, and knowledge of local conditions and administrative systems will also be considered.
Terms and Conditions:
Duration of the Contract: 2 years. Extendable based on performance, with a maximum of December 31st, 2025.
Duty Station: BEZA Office located at Dhaka. However, the consultant should have field visits across the economic zones located in different districts.
Note: The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedure set out in the ‘Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (July 2016, Revised November 2020)’
The project will provide the following inputs and facilities:
- Office space and other logistic support as per project provision;
- All available documents, papers, and information relevant to the assignment will be provided/made accessible to the Consultant.
Commencement of the Service: 1 November 2023 (indicative)
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, Revised November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the ‘Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants’ method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Last date for submission: 13 September 2023, 14:30 PM BST (Bangladesh Standard Time)
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours [i.e., 0900 to 1600 hours]. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form (hard copy)/E-mail to the address below
Abdullah Al Mahmud Faruk
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Shilpa Nagar (BSMSN) Development Project
Bangladesh Economic Zones Authority (BEZA)
Biniyog Bhaban (Level 7,8,9)
Plot#E-6/B, West Agargaon, Dhaka 1207, Bangladesh.
Subscribe to our Newsletter on LinkedIn, Click Here