Punjab Skill Development Mission (PSDM) aims to enable a large number of youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will improve their theoretical as well as practical knowledge and help them in securing a better livelihood by bringing necessary synergy, oversight and effective coordination. Punjab Skill Development Mission is bridging the gap between the skilled people required in Industry and the unemployed youth by ensuring that the right candidate with passion for a particular job chooses the right course according to his/her academic background, aptitude and skill-set.
The Government of Punjab accords highest priority to the Skill Development of its youth and to make them employable. The State Government accordingly has set up Punjab Skill Development Mission (PSDM) in line with the National Skill Development Policy. The Mission would be a single point within the Government to formulate and steer various skill development schemes.
Currently the Mission is implementing the following schemes and projects:
- Employability Skill Training Program Component of National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM) – skill training program for urban youth.
- Deen Dayal Upadhaya Grameen Kaushal Yojana (DDUGKY) – skill training program for rural youth.
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)- skill training program for urban & rural youth.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Projects for skill development.
- SANKALP (Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood).
PSDM invites the Expression of Interest (EOI) for proposal for empanelment to undertake projects in the State of Punjab listed as below:
- Private Academic/Technical institutions who have set up State of the art infrastructure for promoting innovation in skill-training life cycle wherein the state of the infrastructure is defined as belonging to the most recent stage of the development of technological development and having or using the latest techniques and equipment’s.
- Skill Training in Future skills like Artificial intelligence, Cloud computing, etc. The list of future technologies is attached at Annexure A. The list of future technologies is subject to change from time to time as per the industry demand by PSDM.
- Skill Training targeted for specific segments of the society such as Drug rehabilitation, Persons with Disabilities (PWD), Transgender, Seropositive, Jail inmates, etc.
The Training Partners will be empanelled with PSDM under any of the following two categories as per the technical evaluation criteria as described the EOI document.
Applicants having prior Skill Training Experience
This category is applicable to applicants who have prior experience in implementation of Government Sponsored (Central/State/UT) Skill Training Schemes /Sector skill council (SSC) programs free of cost or on paid basis/National skill Development Corporations schemes (NSDC)/ Empanelled with large organisations for implementing corporate social responsibility projects in skill development.
Applicants having No prior Skill Training Experience
This category is applicable to applicants who don’t have prior experience in implementation of Central/ State Government skill development schemes, Sector skill council projects, National Skill Development projects or implementing any corporate social responsibility project with any large organisation.
Last Date for Submission: 04 October 2023; 1500 hours (03:00 PM) IST
Subscribe to our Newsletter on LinkedIn, Click Here